Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,698,387 times

Advertisements

Just trying to gauge who hass the best service/coverage in the South Jersey area.

Sprint
Verizon
AT&T
other...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
AT&T is perfect in SJ. Never had an issue.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
I have Verizon, used to have Sprint and had T-Mobile from work. Verizon is great, rarely ever have an issue with it. In fact outside of being in certain buildings where everyone has signal issues, I've never had a problem. Sprint was good, but there were definitely "spots" where you could lose signal. T-Mobile was HORRENDOUS, especially in Philly. SIL has ATT and has no issues with that either.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:41 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
I have Verizon, as does my sister. I have no problem when I go to South Jersey or Philly or when speaking to my sister.

Now. . .should out of area be of interest to you, driving from Charlotte to South Jersey I only lose the signal in the Harbor Tunnel in Baltimore. AT&T coverage in NC is not good. I can't say anything about the area between, but it's not good in NC, at least in the I 85 corridor. I've heard nothing but complaints from people here who have AT&T. Many got it for the iPhone but will be changing to Verizon when the current contract is up.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times
I never lose signal in the Harbor Tunnel in Baltimore with Verizon.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM

164 posts, read 433,087 times
I never loose my signal. I always remember where I put it.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:51 AM

267 posts, read 950,533 times
I have AT&T (only because my wife works for the company) and the service is reliable. Are there really any carriers with poor coverage anymore??

Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
I have AT&T (only because my wife works for the company) and the service is reliable. Are there really any carriers with poor coverage anymore??
It seems that ATT has really bad coverage out in Silicon Valley in California, which is unfortunate for them because the tech media rips them apart constantly.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,350 times
I have Verizon which does not work in my house, on my street, in my town and the next town down the road. I live 25 miles west of Atlantic City. When I get to within a 2-mile radius of my home, I lose coverage pretty much completely. It's VERY maddening to not be able to answer your cell phone in your own home. Remember the commercials with the Verizon Guy and the mob of people backing him up--- "the Verizon Network?" They never came to my neighborhood! And I have a very tall micro-relay tower 1,000-2,000 feet behind my home!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:38 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylder View Post
I have Verizon which does not work in my house, on my street, in my town and the next town down the road. I live 25 miles west of Atlantic City. When I get to within a 2-mile radius of my home, I lose coverage pretty much completely. It's VERY maddening to not be able to answer your cell phone in your own home. Remember the commercials with the Verizon Guy and the mob of people backing him up--- "the Verizon Network?" They never came to my neighborhood! And I have a very tall micro-relay tower 1,000-2,000 feet behind my home!
There is a solution for your problem. Get a "femtocell" from Verizon, also called a "Network Extender". If you live in an area that is a deadzone (common in some places with all carriers) than you can get one of those for free from Verizon. It hooks up to your home LAN/Broadband internet and acts like a mini-cell tower for your house. Your phone automatically connects to it when in range and you'll have full service. It also works in a decent radius, so most of your property would be covered. As it's an open cell connection, anyone at your house would be able to use it as well. We had issues with reception on our phones in our house and some areas in our neighborhood. We got one of those for free from Verizon and have had no more problems.

Since I made the original post I have found that in my town ATT seems to be the best with Verizon second, Sprint third and TMobile...well don't bother, lol. However, as I frequently travel all over the area and our work phones are ATT I can attest that Verizon does have the best overall network in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia