Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 PM

5 posts, read 9,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
You'll fit in just fine .

Nice to see Man Utd fit in well over there!

I dont suppose you know if there is any requirements for plumbers / heating engineers???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexg View Post
Nice to see Man Utd fit in well over there!

I dont suppose you know if there is any requirements for plumbers / heating engineers???
Sir Alex is "the special one"

Plumbing and heating.... as in HVAC? If you're looking to be licensed, you may need to retest over here. I'm not sure if a British lic. is transferrable...
I'll see what I can find out.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:02 PM

5 posts, read 9,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Sir Alex is "the special one"

Plumbing and heating.... as in HVAC? If you're looking to be licensed, you may need to retest over here. I'm not sure if a British lic. is transferrable...
I'll see what I can find out.
Thanks that would be great he is Corgi over here so i'm not too sure what he would need?

We live quite local to UTD and i'm actually on one of the utd videos from when i was a kid!

Old 02-14-2009, 01:51 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexg View Post
Thanks that would be great he is Corgi over here so i'm not too sure what he would need?

We live quite local to UTD and i'm actually on one of the utd videos from when i was a kid!
If he's not a master plumber, he can be classified as a "pipe fitter" but he'll need to work under a lic. plumber. He may want to look into working for one of the major natural gas supply companies in NJ or PA. NJ Natural Gas, PSE&G, Elizabethtown gas... or see if he can land a job working for an independent HVAC company. nj.com - look under jobs or even craigslist - I saw one on there the other day...company looking for an installer - pay was 80K-100K/yr but hubby may need to brush up on A/C installation.... I'm sure that they are not a very popular item in the UK . I know NJ Transit was looking for pipe fitters a few months back...maybe check out their job listings as well?
I hope my rambling helped And maybe once you're over, you can send me your autograph... man utd superstar
My better half (Scottish), a Ranger's supporter, use to live on Easter Road in Edinburgh... trying to find a parking space on the weekends was brutal!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:53 PM

652 posts, read 1,785,738 times
Thumbs up sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutleynut View Post
"They make sandwiches without butter. Shudder."

I can only say that "That" (putting butter on a sandwich) is the most vile and disgusting habit I have ever encountered! Bar none!
I feel bad about this post. I shouldn't impose my prejudices about food on other's like that.
My dad was a jerk about food imposing his tastes on all of us, and anyone nearby as well, or ridiculing us for eating something he considered distasteful.
Sorry folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia