Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 AM

280 posts, read 603,596 times

Advertisements

From reading all the info here, both areas are supposed to be great. How can I differentiate between the two? So far all I can think of is that Basking Ridge is closer to I78 and has a train station. Pretty sad when we're supposed to decide where to live. Perhaps someone could share pro's/con's about both so that I could paint a better picture about the two???

I have driven through both, and one blends with the other - now that I think about it. So what differences can I expect? I am trying to narrow down the search, we are looking to live in a townhome community. How different are the elementary schools, recreational opportunities, friendliness, and an abundance of "things to do"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 08:19 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,787,563 times
Basking Ridge is neighborhood after neighborhood after neighborhood. Nice area, excellent schools.
Mendham is more "country suburban". More ultra-rich in estates in Mendham Twp.

Basking Ridge has huge townhome communities; Mendham only has one community which is smaller. I'd check the commute to where you are going; Mendham does not have easy access to major highways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey