Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:34 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
$28.50 PER???
No $hi*....! That's a bunch of money, I don't care how you justify. For that price, it'd better be a non-stop route!
No Roundtrip , my Round Trip ticket is 17$. Form Newark Penn or Board Street to Westwood. You should thank the Lackawanna brothers , because it would been longer , but there smart planning lead to the line being grade separated 80% of its length.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
Here's my two cents.

You probably could have caught an express that would have been faster, but the M&E does have obnoxiously slow service. Via train, it takes longer for me to get to Denville than Trenton from Newark. This is not how it should work.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Here's my two cents.

You probably could have caught an express that would have been faster, but the M&E does have obnoxiously slow service. Via train, it takes longer for me to get to Denville than Trenton from Newark. This is not how it should work.
The M&E Merges with 2 more lines before it hits Kearny JCT and Hoboken. There are more stations and 3x more curves then the NEC. It used more , and this will get worse before better. NJT plans to restore service to 4 more lines that feed into the M&E. That means that all Counties in Western Jersey will have at least 1 or 2 lines feeding into them. This should be done by 2030 with GOVT and Private - Public $$$$ , Christie supports 2 lines. NJT would probably have to either add more tracks which is hard and would face Nimby's or reroute trains onto the Boonton line. Alot of us predict that the Regional Rail network across the state will be used daily by 1.5-2.6 million ppl daily and 5 million + more would use Urban / Intercity Transit in the state.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:28 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
There is NO MIDTOWN direct from Dover on any day at any time...by MIDTOWN Direct it should be once it leaves Dover it doesn't stop again until it reaches NYC

I think I already stated this was my friends idea have no fear I will only let that happen once..and yet they cry they aren't making any money and need subsidies....$28.50 RT x the amount of daily commuters.....yep I have a bridge for sale if anyone is buying into that
Ah, but we daily commuters buy a monthly at a deep discount!

Still is a big expense, especially since May 1.

For just going in occasionally on the weekend, driving to J.C. and taking PATH does sound like your best bet.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
$28.50 PER???
No $hi*....! That's a bunch of money, I don't care how you justify. For that price, it'd better be a non-stop route!
No $28.50 Round Trip and even at that I don't want to be stopping at every Whistle Stop town...lol

Tahiti DM a great all day lot at Journal Square and then take PATH, as son & girlfriend now live in West Village and depending on time of year ( St Gennaro Feast) I don't want to be anywhere near the Holland Tunnel which would be the crossing closest to where they live I'll do that..I'm finished with NJTransit

Oh forgot to mention...my friend wanted to snap his picture with her cell, but I said just leave it alone.....conducter sound asleep on one of the bench seats...lol

Old 06-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
No $28.50 Round Trip and even at that I don't want to be stopping at every Whistle Stop town...lol

Tahiti DM a great all day lot at Journal Square and then take PATH, as son & girlfriend now live in West Village and depending on time of year ( St Gennaro Feast) I don't want to be anywhere near the Holland Tunnel which would be the crossing closest to where they live I'll do that..I'm finished with NJTransit

Oh forgot to mention...my friend wanted to snap his picture with her cell, but I said just leave it alone.....conducter sound asleep on one of the bench seats...lol
There aloud breaks , and don't take a picture w/o permission since thats illegal. I really think you try NJT on the weekday , i do it alot and there is a difference between the weekday and weekend. Trains go faster and some skip stations.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
There aloud breaks , and don't take a picture w/o permission since thats illegal. I really think you try NJT on the weekday , i do it alot and there is a difference between the weekday and weekend. Trains go faster and some skip stations.
I'm sure they are allowed breaks, we are as well at work, but sound asleep on the seat in front of passengers is a stretch

Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I'm sure they are allowed breaks, we are as well at work, but sound asleep on the seat in front of passengers is a stretch
No there allowed a few of those , mostly on the weekends and Holidays.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM

52 posts, read 196,201 times
Yeah, I usually drive to Harrison and take the PATH from there. There's a lot like right across from the station, next to the stadium, thats pretty cheap (it may be more expensive now that the stadium is done though, havent been since christmas).

I live in Wayne and don't feel the bus/train are worth the cost. Sure, they are quicker (usually), but it's a much more expensive option.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
No there allowed a few of those , mostly on the weekends and Holidays.
You're telling me the conducters are allowed to actually sleep on a train full of passengers?? I find this hard to believe and just for giggles may have to call NJ Transit and ask...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey