Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times

Advertisements

NorthJersey.com: NJ Transit OKs $1.79B budget that includes new multilevel rail cars

I have mixed feelings on this one , i'm glad there getting all this new stuff. But at the same time i feel the agency is corrupt , just as bad as the MTA now. Why is the New NJT Police Chief making 160k?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:08 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,959,243 times
Wow I didn't know the NJT had a dedicated Police Chief? That is crazy though and I agree with the NJT getting to be like the MTA but only time will tell.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Wow I didn't know the NJT had a dedicated Police Chief? That is crazy though and I agree with the NJT getting to be like the MTA but only time will tell.
Every Large Transit agency does. But the Transit cops that ive run into are rude and seem to have little or no training compared to Newark or JC cops. But 160k is way to much , also the head of NJT makes way to much. Most Employees only make 50-70k.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,226 times
I agree, $160K is too much to be paying the police chief.

But instead of spending some of that money on the tunnel connector from NJ to Manhattan, they should just connect South Jersey with North Jersey in terms of rail lines. I will continue to shop my idea of connecting the AC line NEC line though some new line, although that would be EXTREMELY costly will probably NEVER happen, sadly.

Although, a SJ-No. NJ connector line would help people in SJ have better and more direct access to better jobs in No. NJ! The traveling out-of-state is very unnecessary.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
I agree, $160K is too much to be paying the police chief.

But instead of spending some of that money on the tunnel connector from NJ to Manhattan, they should just connect South Jersey with North Jersey in terms of rail lines. I will continue to shop my idea of connecting the AC line NEC line though some new line, although that would be EXTREMELY costly will probably NEVER happen, sadly.

Although, a SJ-No. NJ connector line would help people in SJ have better and more direct access to better jobs in No. NJ! The traveling out-of-state is very unnecessary.
Thats why there building the Riverline - AC Transfer Station so you can travel to the NEC via Trenton. The New Tunnel is needed , don't worry the feds are paying for most of it. Amtrak said that they needed more space , so we are building 4 New Tunnels and a New Sub Subterranean Station to handle the massive ridership growths. You should ask Private companies or Countries like France or Germany to help build your SJ system. There working on a few lines up here to , once the Tunnel is near completion you'll see systems like the MOM , West Trenton and Morris & Essex Networks get more funding and construction. But you will get New Buses.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:58 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,189,933 times
that's great news! NJ needs to invest heavily on infrastructure, especially mass transit.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:38 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,817 times
I don't think it's right how transit agencies have to provide their own police by law. I think it should be at their discretion and could save a LOT of money. Also, the old cars were fine. What they should focus on is expanding service!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:37 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,189,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
I don't think it's right how transit agencies have to provide their own police by law. I think it should be at their discretion and could save a LOT of money. Also, the old cars were fine. What they should focus on is expanding service!
i agree that they should focus on expanding service but you must notice that the newer multi-level trains carry more passangers.

i would also love to see NJTransit build more train stations; like the one they are planning in North Brunswick.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
i agree that they should focus on expanding service but you must notice that the newer multi-level trains carry more passangers.

i would also love to see NJTransit build more train stations; like the one they are planning in North Brunswick.
North Brunswick? Nah , only 1 more Station for the NEC , its Monmouth Junction. It will be built when the MOM Network is built.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:31 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Thats why there building the Riverline - AC Transfer Station so you can travel to the NEC via Trenton. The New Tunnel is needed , don't worry the feds are paying for most of it. Amtrak said that they needed more space , so we are building 4 New Tunnels and a New Sub Subterranean Station to handle the massive ridership growths. You should ask Private companies or Countries like France or Germany to help build your SJ system. There working on a few lines up here to , once the Tunnel is near completion you'll see systems like the MOM , West Trenton and Morris & Essex Networks get more funding and construction. But you will get New Buses.
Yeah....I haven't heard such great things about the Riverline. A friend of mine who took the Riverline didn't like the idea that it went past the prison and the fact that some "reformed" former prison inmate kept coming up to him, asking for money.

It would be nice to have alternatives in terms of mass transit. However, the preservation on the Pine Barrens pretty much hinders any chance of having those alternatives. What about the reopening of some old rail lines in South Jersey? That would help South Jersey in terms of mass transit in a big way! It's a shame that most of the tracks are both not usable and not being put to good use anymore.

Where can I get more information regarding companies/countries to help build a better transit system in So. Jersey? This is very interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey