Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times

Advertisements

got this guy this morning super riled up. he got up next to me screaming and even gave me the out of the window middle finger. it was great.

he was mad because he was driving like a slug, then i want to the right lane, then he decided to go into the right lane and i was there. maybe he thought i was trying to keep him out (because the right lane was for exiting), but i was just moving on and didnt feel the need to wait for him to come at his leisure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 09:15 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
I always thought you shouldn't move out into the intersection until you are the first car and the light is green.
i agree, but it happens. like people said...it's not always black and white. what he described, if he did that in NYC, he'd get a ticket for blocking the box when the light changed. they take that seriously at some of the busier intersections.

i wait until it's clear before i go out into the intersection, but sometimes, i'm sure we all creep out there at those "tough" lights. how about writing your mayor and asking for a left turn arrow? hehe

Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM

1,527 posts, read 4,063,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i agree, but it happens. like people said...it's not always black and white. what he described, if he did that in NYC, he'd get a ticket for blocking the box when the light changed. they take that seriously at some of the busier intersections.

i wait until it's clear before i go out into the intersection, but sometimes, i'm sure we all creep out there at those "tough" lights. how about writing your mayor and asking for a left turn arrow? hehe
I think it is black and white. If there is someone out in the intersection already trying to make a left and waiting, I don't think you're supposed to roll out into the intersection also. There are some intersections where only one car can make a left at a time, and sometimes on the red, because there isn't a left turn arrow and there should be. That's a problem.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
I think it is black and white. If there is someone out in the intersection already trying to make a left and waiting, I don't think you're supposed to roll out into the intersection also. There are some intersections where only one car can make a left at a time, and sometimes on the red, because there isn't a left turn arrow and there should be. That's a problem.
yeah, you're probably right. i was just trying to be a little flexible to those that try to squeeze through those tougher lights. but yeah, you shouldn't enter the intersection unless you can exit it.

man....you're a tough cookie!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
yeah, you're probably right. i was just trying to be a little flexible to those that try to squeeze through those tougher lights. but yeah, you shouldn't enter the intersection unless you can exit it.

I am when it comes to driving! I have no sympathy!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:

getting caught in the middle is a risk that you take knowing that a cop can give you a ticket if you get caught. the difference between a camera and cop is that the cop may be more understanding and not ticket you.

i have tiger's blood so im going to take that chance and get in the intersection and im going to keep pissing people off. but i will also do my best to avoid tickets, so if the camera's come into play i will need to adjust.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
getting caught in the middle is a risk that you take knowing that a cop can give you a ticket if you get caught. the difference between a camera and cop is that the cop may be more understanding and not ticket you.

i have tiger's blood so im going to take that chance and get in the intersection and im going to keep pissing people off. but i will also do my best to avoid tickets, so if the camera's come into play i will need to adjust.
ok charlie!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:

Cops and cameras were recently injected with Adonis DNA. I think that cancels you out.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Cops and cameras were recently injected with Adonis DNA. I think that cancels you out.
its a good thing im part unicorn also.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:

It's not about the tickets, it's about safety for me.

Question for you, do you drive differently when you have Chicken McNugget in the car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey