Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,752,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
...And if $180 is your min payment on your credit card then you do indeed have cc debt.
Agree. $180 a month is nothing to sneeze about...that's a lot of money. Just because you can make the large monthly payment, doesn't mean it's not CC debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
i was impressed to see such a low credit card expense, but now i see it appears to be the minimum payment due each month. paying anything but the full cc bill every month is pure insanity to me.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM

9,013 posts, read 13,857,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post
Look NJ gal - unlike the other posters here I'm not going to do the nasty on you ...but I do urge u to look at the big picture - think about this - were were u 5yrs ago - imangine it.

Can u be willing to do just 5yrs of frugal living so the rest of your life is much easier? Thats really all it takes ... just 5yrs, no cable, no phone, cheap basic food. Sure it will be tough sometimes and u'll wish to not have started it, but that 5yrs will pass and at the end of it you'll have a hard on and moved on. No debt, no loans and you'll be used to living healthy.

Big decisions now can make big impact in your and your kids life.
5 years ago I lived in the ghetto,in Newark.
So moving to a nice area,having health insurance,having enough food to eat,cable,a car to drive are things I didn't imagine 5 years ago.

When I was growing up neither parent drove,we often didn't have food on the table, so I'm used to being poor,and frankly I got tired of it so I moved up. But now it looks like I have to go back to the ghetto.

I thought having those things is what middle class was being all about. Guess I was wrong.

Now I know its hard to move up.
Back to where I started. I'm depressed.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I have to agree. This is not a NJ problem, this is a spending and priority problem.
I'm not so sure.
If rents weren't so high I would be able to save.
If tolls weren't so high,or better yet not there at all,I would be able to save.
If I wasn't taxed to death by the feds,I would be able to save.

If it isn't a NJ problem,why the hell are many Nj residents moving to other states?

Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm not so sure.
If tolls weren't so high,or better yet not there at all,I would be able to save.
you cant save if you are paying credit card interest.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:25 PM

303 posts, read 920,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm not so sure.

If it isn't a NJ problem,why the hell are many Nj residents moving to other states?
The IRS takes from the people like u and give to the people u left behind ... its sad even after you're fight like hell to get out of there you can get dragged back in.

Either way looks like you've have got anoteher fight on your hands to stay in the middle-class like many, thanks to Obama our commander in cheif of hope and change i don't think u'll get any help from the govt.

Perhaps look to PA theres boatloads of people immigreating here everyday from NJ due to the tax situation there and crime.

Good luck to you, i appreciate what your trying to achieve.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,407,386 times
Quote:
The IRS takes from the people like u and give to the people u left behind ... its sad even after you're fight like hell to get out of there you can get dragged back in.

Either way looks like you've have got anoteher fight on your hands to stay in the middle-class like many, thanks to Obama our commander in cheif of hope and change i don't think u'll get any help from the govt.

Perhaps look to PA theres boatloads of people immigreating here everyday from NJ due to the tax situation there and crime.

Mr Pickle I have noticed that you are new around here (at least under this name)
You know it's not a requirement that you post to every thread that you read.
However there is always the Politics forum for people who have nothing to say but just like to type a lot.
All the angry people like to post there and I can guarantee somebody will agree with your postings no matter how silly they seem to most.
Sometime you just have to figure where you fit in best after all not everybody is going to disagree with you.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:21 PM

303 posts, read 920,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Mr Pickle I have noticed that you are new around here (at least under this name)
You know it's not a requirement that you post to every thread that you read.
However there is always the Politics forum for people who have nothing to say but just like to type a lot.
All the angry people like to post there and I can guarantee somebody will agree with your postings no matter how silly they seem to most.
Sometime you just have to figure where you fit in best after all not everybody is going to disagree with you.
Who appointed u the forum police buddy? Or did I miss the post where you bouth all the stock in an IPO? THis isn't politics, my post was a response to the lady complaining about IRS taxes. If you don't like my response, time to move on ...

Old 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Thanks,I appreciated the post.
But I've already realized I'm not in the middle class,not anymore.But,I enjoyed it for the few years I was in the middle class.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:23 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,874,432 times
you just need to make some changes, but you seem like too tired or overwhelmed to just do it. Just pick up the phone, and cancel some unnecessary services. Put the extra money to some savings and pay off the debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey