Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 12:25 AM

35 posts, read 109,255 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a unit in fulton's landing in jersey city nj. However, I am concerned about the following and wanted to reach out to the community for answers -

There is quite a number of units for sale and 2 that are/were short sold and I was wondering if this could be due to major problems with the building?

I did hear that there are window leaks within the building and some units underwent mold remediation. Can anyone tell me if this was serious leakage?

How harmful is mold to your help and does remediation mean that the mold is totally gone and would not reappear?

Any answers would be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 01:24 PM

51 posts, read 269,763 times
I looked at fultons landing 2 years back, the 2brs were going for 400-420K. The maintenance was not bad (400-450 per month) and building quality was okay. Most of the 2Brs are 950 sq ft, hence the price is less compared to others. Also for the price range above you don't get parking. The ones with parking were in the range of 450-470K. As far as mold is concerned it can be remidiated, structural issues, litigations are the ones which will cause your maintenance to sky rocket. Hope this info helps.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 PM

Thanks boozereddy,

What made you not buy?

I have heard the builder was or is being sued by the condo board.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:06 PM

592 posts, read 2,189,209 times
Building is alright, it's priced at below the market value (2br ~450k vs 500k+) so dont overpay. Downside is it's directly on the lightrail tracks. Building structure is no better/worse than most lowrise condos built to flip. May need some work but i dont think there is any major structure issues unless that changed in the last year.

I passed because cant stand the fact it's on the lightrail with literally no space in between and the whole develop feels very crowded/compact, i guess if you get a unit facing the other side it's bit better. But if you can still get a 2br/2ba for 425k, it may not be a bad deal. Just make sure it includes a parking spot, parking there is impossible...

Old 01-22-2012, 04:23 PM

40 posts, read 155,596 times
I lived in Fultons landing for 2 years. It's a really quiet building, helped by the concrete construction (unlike many other buildings in the neighborhood). I was on the opposite side from the lightrail but never heard it go by.
I moved out as I needed more space, but I'd recommend it. Great location in Paulus Hook. Way nicer than liberty harbor.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:44 PM

Thanks all for your comments!

gagaliya - are you saying you wouldn't pay higher than 450?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 PM

351 posts, read 483,355 times
I am close to submitting an offer for a unit in this building. Any new thoughts from owners/renters? Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: