Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:39 AM

8 posts, read 80,988 times

Advertisements

Hi.
I have searched many threads here, and websites of NJTransit, Port Authority etc. .
I would like to get by bus from Manhattan (Port Authority is fine) to visit a friend who lives between Monroe Township and Rossmoor (a bit south of these two).
I only found bus $ 300, but couldn't verify whether this is good for me, and where are the stops nearby.

Can someone confirm please that # 399 is fine, or any other bus I can take ?

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
This is what I would recommend to getting there from a bus commute.

1.Catch either the #130,#132, or the #136 which are all New York to Lakewood express buses.

2.From the Lakewood Bus terminal catch the #559 Lakewood-Atlantic City route.

3.From the Atlantic City Bus Terminal catch the #551 Atlantic City-Philadelphia route but get off at Sicklerville(Avondale park and ride) which is about halfway through the route. Have a friend pick you up from there as the Avondale park and ride is only 1/2 mile from Monroe Township.

I hope this information helps you on your commute.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:10 AM

Default Mistaken ?

Hi.
Many thanks for your reply and explanation, but I think there was a mistake.
You advised to travel to Lakewood, and from there to Atlantic City, which is south of Lakewood, but Monroe Township is north west of Lakewood...

Also - as i don't know the area, I prefer the minimal available shifts between buses...

Can you please refer to bus # 300 from Port Authority and back? is it applicable for me?

Thanks in advance,
Eran.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:15 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAP View Post
Hi.
Many thanks for your reply and explanation, but I think there was a mistake.
You advised to travel to Lakewood, and from there to Atlantic City, which is south of Lakewood, but Monroe Township is north west of Lakewood...

Also - as i don't know the area, I prefer the minimal available shifts between buses...

Can you please refer to bus # 300 from Port Authority and back? is it applicable for me?

Thanks in advance,
Eran.
I thought you were referring to Monroe Township in Gloucester County, NJ.
I'm sorry .

Old 01-29-2012, 02:08 PM

Thanks anyway.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
NJ Bus Map for Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Somerset Counties

The #138 serves the eastern part of Monroe Township, but it runs rush hours only: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0138.pdf

Western Monroe Township is served by the M1, M2, and M6 routes, all of which run with a pretty crappy frequency (and they don't go directly to Manhattan).

The M1 hooks up with the Northeast Corridor Line at New Brunswick, and the M6 hooks up with it at Princeton Junction. The schedule for the train is here: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0070.pdf

The schedules are available here: Middlesex County Area Transit (MCAT) Shuttle Routes

By the way, to reach Atlantic City, there would be no need for 3 buses, because Greyhound and the #319 go directly there.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 PM

22 posts, read 68,301 times
Is this the bus you were talking about? Suburban Transit #300, travels between PABT and Monroe:
http://www.coachusa.com/suburban/ss....d=759076185341

The bus stops at Rossmoor, and then Clearbrook (is that where you want to go?) I heard that you don't need to wait at the bus stop for Coach bus - if you see them, you can flag it and it will stop. My guess is that it will stop and let you get off if you ask them to. (But please verify this with Coach Bus).

Coach USA

Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 AM

Hi.
Thanks for the advices. Very helpful.

Based on your experience - which would be the better alternative - bus # 300, or the combination of the NorthEast Corridor train and M!/M6 bus ?

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 PM

22 posts, read 68,301 times
I never ride the Coach/Suburban/Academy bus myself, but my husband does, and many people said they like the bus better than riding the train, because the bus is easier and reliable. I never take the M bus, sorry I don't know.
I found more info here, this may help, although it pertains to Rossmoor. Good luck!
Buses to NYC and others from Rossmoor

Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 PM

213 posts, read 350,055 times
95% of the buses going to exit 8a goes to Monroe and then ends at hightstown. The bus starts at gate 415 and 416 in PABT. Not sure about weekend but on weekdays the freq is every 10th min or less during rush hours. Also Rossmoor is the first stop after 8a.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey