Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 PM

595 posts, read 1,558,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
I thought it had to do with some deal where Secacus was only suppose to be a transfer station and no one was suppose to be able to start or end a trip there. When that was the case, to get from secacus to NB, you would have to start at Hoboken or NYC, hence the price. So they opened up parking there, and decided to keep the price?!??!

yep, i spoke with the rep from nj transit..costs THE SAME as going to nyc and back. they should have treated that stations like newark and hoboken..so stupid to originally only use it for transfers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I did a trip from Secaucus to Ridgewood on Sunday. You certainly can start or end a trip there.
Fact. I often drive my girlfriend to Secaucus to take the train to Little Silver when she visits her family. Maybe they just let her ride cause she's pretty? Possible but not likely What are they gonna do, not let you on the train if they see you're starting your trip there?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:03 PM

181 posts, read 1,122,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I did a trip from Secaucus to Ridgewood on Sunday. You certainly can start or end a trip there.
the trains to/from Hoboken if you get off and leave the station at Secaucus you do not go though the fare gates(unless you transfer to the upper level trains} but all trains to/from NWK Penn or broad st you have to pass though the fare gates which is the same fare as NY Penn station to get out or transfer to the lower lovel trains to/from Hoboken and points north

Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Fact. I often drive my girlfriend to Secaucus to take the train to Little Silver when she visits her family. Maybe they just let her ride cause she's pretty? Possible but not likely What are they gonna do, not let you on the train if they see you're starting your trip there?
Hey, that's my train station!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:44 PM

595 posts, read 1,558,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpat55 View Post
the trains to/from Hoboken if you get off and leave the station at Secaucus you do not go though the fare gates(unless you transfer to the upper level trains} but all trains to/from NWK Penn or broad st you have to pass though the fare gates which is the same fare as NY Penn station to get out or transfer to the lower lovel trains to/from Hoboken and points north
very interesting

Old 06-05-2012, 02:28 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpat55 View Post
That doesn't stop conductors from charging you the ticket price + $5 surcharge to travel from NYP to SEC if you don't have a ticket. Seems inconsistent, no?

Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
That doesn't stop conductors from charging you the ticket price + $5 surcharge to travel from NYP to SEC if you don't have a ticket. Seems inconsistent, no?
Well if you board the Main Line PJ and the PV trains from SEC then you do not need a ticket to get thorugh a fare gate but would need one to avoid a surchage on the train but if you board the trains upstairs you must have a ticket to get through the fare gates.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
any station that has ticket agents and or machines they will enforce the surcharge. They have expanded the number of stations that have machines inbound to the city so they only have to collect fares from very few people including senior and handicap people

Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,773,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
did you two read the word "suppose" in my post?

Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
did you two read the word "suppose" in my post?
I did. I was adding to what you said, not contradicting it.

I think that "suppose" went away around the same time they decided to build Exit 15X from the Turnpike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey