Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:16 PM

220 posts, read 701,335 times

Advertisements

Is NJMLS.com a cohesive list of what all brokers in NJ can see? Or is it just a sliver?

I'm unaffiliated with them but in searching, I found some properties that haven't shown up in other free sites I use.

I ask because as a buyer, many agents tell me there are certain agent MLS lists (at least in Bergen County where I'm interested) that aren't open to the public, unlike this website, so I would need to pretty much hire them to see more. Is this true, or is there really only one MLS list (at least for Bergen County)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 AM

22 posts, read 112,030 times
You can check out the GSMLS
GSMLS

Old 03-07-2010, 06:08 AM

1,049 posts, read 4,019,127 times
You will not see listings that are not in IDX (internet data exchange) IDX allows all the listings from participating brokers to be autopopulated to hundreds of websites, including individual agent sites and other broker sites. Why would you want to cripple yourself with NJMLS? Like frugalmom said check out GSMLS.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 AM

138 posts, read 509,710 times
Wrong. You DON'T have to hire anyone to see what's listed on the MLS services.

There are two primary MLS for Northern NJ. The NJMLS and the GSMLS.

NJMLS offers whatever is listed in Bergen County and is pretty comprehensive; GSMLS has a SAMPLING of what's available in Bergen County but not all agents are a member of the NJMLS. Why not just use Realtor.com since anything that's listed on either site feeds into that one website?

Good luck with your search!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:59 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,274,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looksrich View Post
Is NJMLS.com a cohesive list of what all brokers in NJ can see? Or is it just a sliver?

I'm unaffiliated with them but in searching, I found some properties that haven't shown up in other free sites I use.

I ask because as a buyer, many agents tell me there are certain agent MLS lists (at least in Bergen County where I'm interested) that aren't open to the public, unlike this website, so I would need to pretty much hire them to see more. Is this true, or is there really only one MLS list (at least for Bergen County)?
GSMLS has nearly everything on there. Until recently, they wouldn't show some information that the realtor could see (e.g. the address), it seems that they do usually have this now. While the listings have the advantage of detailed information (room dimensions, property tax amounts, etc) The format is a bit cumbersome, so I prefer to use it in conjunction with websites like trulia that have better search capabilities.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 AM

777 posts, read 2,379,526 times
I agree with Antoinette. You can see all of the listings the NJMLS. You don't get as much information on the public side of it (how long its been on the market, commission, listing history etc). NJ MLS mainly only covers Bergen County and Meadowlands area. Garden State will only have some Bergen County listings but covers many other counties of New Jersey.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 AM

220 posts, read 701,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinetteNJ View Post
Wrong. You DON'T have to hire anyone to see what's listed on the MLS services.

There are two primary MLS for Northern NJ. The NJMLS and the GSMLS.

NJMLS offers whatever is listed in Bergen County and is pretty comprehensive; GSMLS has a SAMPLING of what's available in Bergen County but not all agents are a member of the NJMLS. Why not just use Realtor.com since anything that's listed on either site feeds into that one website?

Good luck with your search!
Awesomse! Thanks for the candid response, and surprisingly from an agent (don't mean to stereotype as I have broker friends, but yeh upfront agents like you would break such stereotypes)

Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,528 times
Realtor.com will give you results from all different MLS's. GSMLS will have Bergen County listings, but not as much as NJMLS will. Realtors pay annual membership fees to each MLS they belong to. If you hire a buyer's agent for Bergen County, they would most likely be a member of NJMLS, and possibly GSMLS. Her's a list of nine MLS's in New Jersey.
Multiple Listing Services (http://www.njar.com/mls.html - broken link)

Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,528 times
Default NJAR Multiple Listing Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Realtor.com will give you results from all different MLS's. GSMLS will have Bergen County listings, but not as much as NJMLS will. Realtors pay annual membership fees to each MLS they belong to. If you hire a buyer's agent for Bergen County, they would most likely be a member of NJMLS, and possibly GSMLS. Her's a list of nine MLS's in New Jersey.
Multiple Listing Services (http://www.njar.com/mls.html - broken link)
Updating the broken link to => www dot njar dot com/story/54/

NJAR®- Multiple Listing Services

Old 04-15-2014, 05:35 AM

777 posts, read 2,379,526 times
Hopefully people weren't waiting 4 years for you to fix the link! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey