Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:31 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,547,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Every time I see one of these posts, I say to myself, "How many posts is it going to take for someone to post something racist/culturally insensitive?" Maybe next time we should start a pool.
You can bet if Nunnor aka JuliganO posts it will be racist or insensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 08:40 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliganO View Post
Paterson has large Muslim population, and rents are affordable compared to rest of the state.

Yes, Paterson has a large Muslim population, and--yes--the rents tend to be lower than in many other areas of NJ.

Now, for the two most significant questions...
Do you really think that the schools in Paterson are "good"?
How would you characterize the crime rate in Paterson?

When rents are low, they are low for a reason, and two of the major factors underlying Paterson's relatively cheap rents are its schools and its crime rate.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:36 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghadamero3 View Post
Oh ,yes Iam Egyption.

school ranking in the cities you mentioned above is not that good .

about numbers of bedrooms ,I was thinking about two bedrooms .why not ?

I need details in this point

and thanks
I smell a Troll.

His english is pretty good, yet he spells Egyption wrong. This is very strange
as he claims he is an Eqyptian.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:44 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Paterson has large Muslim population, and rents are affordable compared to rest of the state.

Please don't wear burkas here, thank you. Keep in mind that you live in predominately Christian nation.
Ghadamero:

The above person is what we in the US call a "moron". It is a word for people who are not very smart because they decide to be stupid.

Not everyone in the United States thinks or speaks or acts like morons, but some do.

There are many Muslims in the New Jersey area, so it is not unusual for many of us to live next to or work with people from other countries. I work with several people from Egypt myself.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Every time I see one of these posts, I say to myself, "How many posts is it going to take for someone to post something racist/culturally insensitive?" Maybe next time we should start a pool.
Or it could just be "how long will it take for River Edge/Nunnor/whatever name he's using this week post something stupid? Oh, wait. Same thing.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 PM

291 posts, read 390,832 times
Quote:

Please don't wear burkas here, thank you. Keep in mind that you live in predominately Christian nation.
I am now in this post out of sheer embarrassment.

Ghadamero3, you can live in a Muslim area or in a non-Muslim area and no one is allowed to steer you either way.

The great thing about this country is that most people don't care. I have a Muslim family from Iran on one side of me and a Jewish family on the other. If our kids are on the same team, you route for mine, and I'll route for yours.

If you go to a mall there will be people in burkas, people in cowboy hats and people with Yankee caps. There will be Christians and Jews and Muslims, sometimes in the same groups.

That's why people come here, and all who want to participate in this great experiment and if you follow the rules are welcome, no matter where you come from.

We also have some silly people like the one I quoted above. My apologies on behalf of the majority of Americans who get what this country is about.

Last edited by Buzliteyear; 12-31-2012 at 02:08 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
I am now in this post out of sheer embarrassment.

Ghadamero3, you can live in a Muslim area or in a non-Muslim area and no one is allowed to steer you either way.

The great thing about this country is that most people don't care. I have a Muslim family from Iran on one side of me and a Jewish family on the other. If our kids are on the same team, you route for mine, and I'll route for yours.

If you go to a mall there will be people in burkas, people in cowboy hats and people with Yankee caps. There will be Christians and Jews and Muslims, sometimes in the same groups.

That's why people come here, and all who want to participate in this great experiment and follow the rules are welcome, no matter where you come from.

We also have some silly people like the one I quoted above. My apologies on behalf of the majority of Americans who get what this country is about.
I agree with you on all points, except your characterization of that person as, "silly".
I feel that, "silly", is far too kind a description for someone who espouses extremist views that are not in the true American tradition.

JuliganO might want to read the full text of the message that President George Washington sent to Touro Synagogue in Newport, RI, in 1790.
The members of that congregation were apprehensive about possible prejudice that they might face, and President Washington famously informed the congregants that,
"...the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection, should demean themselves as good citizens."

Comments like that made by JuliganO are not just silly.
They are un-American.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:04 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times
The best thing about the "good ole USA" is we are (supposed to be) free to hate anyone we feel like. Without that it ain't much freedom. Happy New Year all

Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,163,318 times
It lasted 7 posts without one, it was a good run.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:28 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,682,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ghadamero:

The above person is what we in the US call a "moron". It is a word for people who are not very smart because they decide to be stupid.

Not everyone in the United States thinks or speaks or acts like morons, but some do.

There are many Muslims in the New Jersey area, so it is not unusual for many of us to live next to or work with people from other countries. I work with several people from Egypt myself.
I've been to Egypt and I was quite impressed by their hospitality and knowledge of American culture/politics. Had a great conversation about the upcoming presidential election (Just before Obama's first term) and the gentleman I was speaking to knew more about the candidates than most Americans. Other than the street vendors, which were quite annoying, the others I met were absolutely wonderful people. If it weren't for the political turmoil going on now I would go back in a heartbeat. Beautiful country with an amazing history carved out in stone - literally!

Ghadamero: It's usually those that have not left the borders of the US and experienced how the rest of the world lives in different places/cultures that are the most ignorant. I hope you can find what you're looking for and have a wonderful experience here as I did in your native country. Most of us do not judge people on the color of their skin, religion or ethnicity and the ones who do aren't worth your time. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey