Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 12:21 PM

10 posts, read 202,199 times

Advertisements

Hi New Jerseyans

I am landing in JFK airport on this Thursday, however, I haven't yet figured out how to get from JFK airport to northern jersey - more specifically to Saddle River (Saddle River Hotels: RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT® SADDLE RIVER HOTEL Saddle River New Jersey)

Anyone who can help me out?

Thanks

David, Denmark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
I would take the shuttle to Newark Airport and then a cab or limo from Newark to Saddle River. Did you check with your hotel to see if they have a service? The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - Newark Liberty Airport (http://panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ewr_connect.html - broken link)

Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I would take the shuttle to Newark Airport and then a cab or limo from Newark to Saddle River. Did you check with your hotel to see if they have a service? The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - Newark Liberty Airport (http://panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ewr_connect.html - broken link)
wileynj, thanks.

I do have a few questions though.

I am currently trying to book my transportation from JFK to new ark airport, however, I can't seem to find the difference between the transportation options Olympic Airporter offers me, during reservation.

Princeton Shuttle service for 1 passengers seems to be the cheapest choice. But what do "Princeton" means? Some place I have to go for the pick up?

Private Sedan service for 1 passengers is another option that will cost me 136 dollar compared to 25 dollar for the service above.

I would be glad if someone could explain the difference between the two choices. I don't really care about the price gap between the two - I am only searching for the easiest option for transportation to NJ.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 AM

209 posts, read 1,683,676 times
David, unfortunately when getting from JFK airport to a most of Northern NJ you have to choose between getting there cheap or getting there easily.

The easiest way to get to Saddle River would be to take a car service, but as you mentioned that will easily cost you $150.

The cheapest way would be to take the AirTrain out of the airport to the Howard Beack-JFK stop on the NYC subway system, then take the A subway to Chambers St, then transfer to the PATH train to Hoboken, and finally take NJ Transit to Ramsey (which is close to Upper Saddle River). That would cost probably $25 but would take hours.

As wiley suggested the best option may be to take a shuttle from JFK to Newark Airport (GOAIRPORTER.COM) and then take a car service to Upper Saddle River (this still may be expensive, though, at maybe $70-100).

Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownjc View Post
As wiley suggested the best option may be to take a shuttle from JFK to Newark Airport (GOAIRPORTER.COM) and then take a car service to Upper Saddle River (this still may be expensive, though, at maybe $70-100).
Thanks, downtownjc.

This is also the option that I have already chosen.

I am, however, not sure what a shuttle is? Is it a bus or something similar?
And when it says "Princeton Shuttle service for 1 passengers", during reservation, what do they then mean by Princeton? Is it the pick up spot?

Thanks

Old 07-02-2008, 10:29 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Plum Olsen View Post
Thanks, downtownjc.

This is also the option that I have already chosen.

I am, however, not sure what a shuttle is? Is it a bus or something similar?
And when it says "Princeton Shuttle service for 1 passengers", during reservation, what do they then mean by Princeton? Is it the pick up spot?

Thanks
Princeton Shuttle is a company - it started out with service in the Princeton area. No, you do not have to go there for the service, its at JFK.

A shuttle is like a bus, yes. Or a large van. Essentially a bunch of people need to leave around the same time, and one large van (or small bus) grabs them all, and drops them off at various stops.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Princeton Shuttle is a company - it started out with service in the Princeton area. No, you do not have to go there for the service, its at JFK.

A shuttle is like a bus, yes. Or a large van. Essentially a bunch of people need to leave around the same time, and one large van (or small bus) grabs them all, and drops them off at various stops.
Thanks people.

I think I now have everything under control

I just got an e-mail from the company, explaining what to do.

Instructions for pick-up: When you arrive and have collected your baggage, locate
the Ground Transportation Counter. Dial 22 from the self-service phones next to
that counter to confirm your arrival. Confirm with us your last name, which
terminal you are in, and where you are going. You will be instructed to wait by the
Ground Transportation Counter where the driver will come in to make a general page

Thanks again everyone.

Really Appreciate the help.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 41,432 times
New York Limo delivers high quality, reliable limousine services to all our customers. Whether you call on us for one special occasion or frequent business trips, we're here to serve you, providing the right stretch limousine, luxury sedan or multi-passenger van for the right occasion.

JFK airport transportation - jfk car, stretch limousine service transfers to new york

Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 PM

181 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I would take the shuttle to Newark Airport and then a cab or limo from Newark to Saddle River. Did you check with your hotel to see if they have a service? The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - Newark Liberty Airport (http://panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/ai...r_connect.html - broken link)
you can get a bus to the Port Authority bus teminal and get coach usa short line bus up route 17 to the hotel(you wll need to cross the overpass though)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey