Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,246 times

Advertisements

Greetings all:

I'm looking for recommendations for reputable mortgage lenders in NJ. I am a first time home buyer looking to purchase in Monmouth County.

Out of convenience, I will probably obtain a prequal from one of my drawee banks (Wells or BoA) but I would like hear some feedback about some smaller banks and lenders and how they compare against the big banks.

My credit is solid and I don't feel that this will be a complex purchase where a broker would be necessary, but then again, I am a first timer so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 PM

478 posts, read 1,229,710 times
myecies@sqf.net. Mark Yecies is knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM

22 posts, read 66,553 times
American Federal Mortgage. It's the one we use for re-financing right now.

Sean

Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM

11,339 posts, read 16,695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob811 View Post
Greetings all:

I'm looking for recommendations for reputable mortgage lenders in NJ. I am a first time home buyer looking to purchase in Monmouth County.

Out of convenience, I will probably obtain a prequal from one of my drawee banks (Wells or BoA) but I would like hear some feedback about some smaller banks and lenders and how they compare against the big banks.

My credit is solid and I don't feel that this will be a complex purchase where a broker would be necessary, but then again, I am a first timer so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks.
Please check your DM.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2012, 12:40 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,857,672 times
I would check local banks:
Try Atlantic Stewardship, Boiling Springs and Valley national. Check their rates versus something like bankrate. If it's good, go with them.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_nj View Post
American Federal Mortgage. It's the one we use for re-financing right now.

Sean
Sean ..who was your loan officer and how was the overall experience? I am in CT and AMFED have offered best rate with no origination charges. Would appreciate your feedback.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 PM

230 posts, read 398,283 times
Default Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob811 View Post
Greetings all:

Thanks.

Please check Nj mortgage broker, ny mortgage broker, mortgage broker NY, mortgage broker NJ

I used this broker, Mark Lazar, for my initial house purchase in 2008, and we refinanced last Summer to a beter rate. Both times very professional service and overall good experience. Give them a try.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,372 times
I was referred to a licensed loan officer that worked for a direct lender. I have to say I was amused how quickly and stress free it was compared to other experiences in the past. She was very knowledgable and thorough in the whole process. Not sure which states she covers but her contact is 973-207-6854 and her name is Raquel.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,293 times
American federal mortgage!!! By far, no fees, apparisal fees or anything. And comparable rates with a float down. I am in the midst of buying my home and I have my mortgage commitment letter and everything ready in less than 3 weeks. Now i'm just waiting for the sellers.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:23 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,061,898 times
Another big thumbs up for American Federal -

As I posted here last year after my refi:

"By the way....anyone looking for a mortgage co. in North NJ look into American Federal Mortgage in Flanders, NJ. They were fantastic to deal with, everything was as stated and on time with no delays & they had terrific rates. They closed on time and the costs were less than originally stated and they always returned calls & emails asap.

As they are a broker, yes they will sell the loan off (to either Wells Fargo or Chase) but who cares if you get a great fixed rate locked in which is equal to or better than most of what is out there."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey