Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times

Advertisements

Now that the building houses new has slowed down and Tony and brothers can't build home they got the ok to go crazy with new strip malls, retail and commercial stuff. I just came back for a day to see Mom and Dad, drove around and in 4 months I see new strip malls and stuff like that!! If it is true boy NJ is looking not to pretty. Maybe I just never noticed or way off base???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Steve, Duh what the heck are u talking about. Smoke another joint.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,336,163 times
who is tony and brothers

Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Now that the building houses new has slowed down and Tony and brothers can't build home they got the ok to go crazy with new strip malls, retail and commercial stuff. I just came back for a day to see Mom and Dad, drove around and in 4 months I see new strip malls and stuff like that!! If it is true boy NJ is looking not to pretty. Maybe I just never noticed or way off base???
How many times are you going to start posts that say negative things about NJ that you "just noticed" or "were shocked to find out"? It's getting old dude.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:46 AM

I just saw a lot of new strip type malls now maybe I was told that it take along time to get all the zoning for this so I was wrong. I was saying that now they are slowing down with housing (builders) they have switched to other sources. However the other sources must have been planned for a long time. This is not negitive. People like close ammenities, how many people would love a local good shop. Yes saying its not pretty was negitive but it affords convience. I think alot more people here say alot more negitive. I have given very positive posts if you read some of them. Your reading me wrong. Are you trying to sell your house?? Then I see your concerns, sorry.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 AM

Been off drugs for a while, got a great job in the country but they drug test!!! Sorry NJMan no joints for me HAHA

Old 11-12-2007, 05:45 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Default Strip Malls

Steve, I have to agree with you. This weekend we were driving in Morris County and we also wondered why they are building all these strip malls; especially noticed them on Rt. 10. Interestingly, many of the existing strip malls have "available space" or "going out of business" but they continue to clear land and build more. I have lived in NJ my entire life, but I am making the move out in the spring: too expensive, too crowded, and government corruption. I am not bashing NJ, just very disappointed in it.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 AM

85 posts, read 305,105 times
Strip malls are ugly and tacky looking, as convenient as they are. I wish more money was invested in building or creating town centers that give more of a community feel. I'm finding more relocating buyers are looking for a town with a nice downtown to it.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:59 AM

622 posts, read 3,113,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheSellsNJ View Post
Strip malls are ugly and tacky looking, as convenient as they are. I wish more money was invested in building or creating town centers that give more of a community feel. I'm finding more relocating buyers are looking for a town with a nice downtown to it.

You can laugh, it's OK, but what's a town center? Is that just a cluster of stores, or a park, hub, where each town can have their own shopping or just visit and spend time or have holidy events etc...?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I was saying that now they are slowing down with housing (builders) they have switched to other sources.
Likely, any new commercial properties you've "just noticed" were in the pipeline some time ago.

During large residential building slowdowns, office buildings (typically back of house, not retail) and government work increases. Retail typically coincides with residential buildups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey