Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 07:55 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times

Advertisements

If you are against immigrants,

Don't let them cut your lawn.
Don't let them paint your house.
Don't let them build you new deck.
Don't let them pave your driveway.
Don't let them clean your house.
Don't let them build you new addition.
Don't move into any new development.

When you sign a contract with that good looking all American guy to do any work around your house. Tell him the contract is void if he sends any undocumented non Americans to do the work.

I am sure all NJ residents are willing to go with the contractor who only hires American workers for twice the cost.

People can complain all they want about illegal workers but they will hire them in a heartbeat to save a buck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 08:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

When you sign a contract with that good looking all American guy to do any work around your house. Tell him the contract is void if he sends any undocumented non Americans to do the work.

I am sure all NJ residents are willing to go with the contractor who only hires American workers for twice the cost.

People can complain all they want about illegal workers but they will hire them in a heartbeat to save a buck.
I have a better idea. have the federal government enforce immigration laws so that illegal workers aren't a part of the competitive system giving certain people who use them an unfair advantage. the consumers aren't supposed to be policing the service providers. isn't that something we expect government to do?

Old 11-30-2013, 08:52 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
This is one of the few issues, which gets bipartisan support in this country. Most Americans don't support illegal aliens being provided with rights & benefits that are designed for citizens. You can bend the perception as much as you like, but the reality won't budge. They are here illegally, and broke the law. I don't care what you call it nor do I care what kind of silly political correct language you want to use to disguise the fact that they're here illegally. I don't want one dime of tax money being spent to accommodate any illegals for anything. There are too many US citizens here who are already struggling, and need help. It's a no brainer that they should be getting first priority. Wake up already.
I agree, and it's not just US citizens. It is a punch in the face to every hard-working immigrant who has obtained a permanent visa status through years of hard work, jumping through hoops, learning English, paying fees and doing everything they were told to do.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:56 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:

1. I don't hire people to do any of those things.
2. If I needed to hire someone, I know companies that do not use illegal labor
3. The companies in number 2 do not cost twice as much, though they are often more expensive but more reputable
4. As Captain stated, the costs would be lower and more uniform if the government did its job; consumers are not supposed to enforce immigration laws through policy. That's like asking people not to hire rapists and murders. It's not our job to enforce the laws that we have asked our representatives to create.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:01 AM

6 posts, read 52,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The same week the NJ senate voted to give illegals in-state tuition, that same senate said NJ does not have enough money to give NJ Taxpayers a tax cut:

Sweeney says money for a tax cut is unlikely unless revenue picks up | NJ.com

I honestly can't understand how these people get re-elected.
It truly is astonishing how the government can continue when so many of its members are without functioning brains.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:03 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's not our job to enforce the laws that we have asked our representatives to create.
That's a good excuse as any for hiring cheap undocumented labor.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:15 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
That's a good excuse as any for hiring cheap undocumented labor.
But his point is valid. How does the average citizen have the means to do background checks on everyone that does a job for them? Unless you are advocating just not hiring anyone who looks or sounds hispanic, just to be on the safe side. Is that what you are advocating?

The businesses need to be held accountable. I don't think businesses charge a whole lot less. They pay less to the workers and the owner takes a bigger profit than if they were forced to hire Americans. I wish we didn't have the choice of paying little bit less for illegal aliens. We are not supposed to have that choice. That is exactly what immigration laws are for.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:36 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
PDD's point is a very low information person type of a point. he wants to say something he thinks is bright, but in the end his contribution is 100% useless. if your point is "if people don't like x, then they shouldn't do y" nothing will get accomplished. in order to get something accomplished, you need the government to enforce the law.

its like some mayor saying "there wouldn't be any murders in my city if people would just stop killing each other." yes, brilliant, true and totally useless. if you want to stop illegal activity; government needs to do its job.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:50 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
PDD's point is a very low information person type of a point. he wants to say something he thinks is bright, but in the end his contribution is 100% useless. if your point is "if people don't like x, then they shouldn't do y" nothing will get accomplished. in order to get something accomplished, you need the government to enforce the law.

its like some mayor saying "there wouldn't be any murders in my city if people would just stop killing each other." yes, brilliant, true and totally useless. if you want to stop illegal activity; government needs to do its job.
Talk about saying nothing. Which gov't are you talking about? The Republican kind of government that can never do anything right (Iraq, Katrina response, no healthcare plan at all, constant obstructionism) or the one that's supposed to do something as complex as guarding thousands of miles of borders and enforcing immigration laws flawlessly?

Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Talk about saying nothing. Which gov't are you talking about? The Republican kind of government that can never do anything right (Iraq, Katrina response, no healthcare plan at all, constant obstructionism) or the one that's supposed to do something as complex as guarding thousands of miles of borders and enforcing immigration laws flawlessly?
Right. Because every time a lib is in the white house and congress is overrun with democrats : sh*it gets done, libs don't obstruct and it all works out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey