Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,605 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

We are currently searching to buy a house, lyndhurst was one of our top choices but after doing more research we like the schools of Nutley more, also the fact that lyndhurst get easily flooded that has change our attention to Nutley.

Any members that used or live around bloomfield ave and Centre st area, is that a normal area to live in? when i say normal i mean noise level, and people hanging out late at night, drivers speeding ect, we have a 2 year old daughter and we are just planning ahead.

Thanks a lot, we been reading this forum for the past 6 moths and there an immense wealth of information here, finally we decided to create an account.

Last edited by jkronos; 05-18-2014 at 01:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,913,908 times
Good choice on choosing Nutley over Lyndhurst. I lived in Nutley for a long time and lived in Lyndhurst for 2 years. I liked Lyndhurst but Nutley is just nicer--quitter, nicer homes, friendly people and a beautiful park that runs through the entire town. Both towns have a large Italian American population.

At the intersection of Centre and Bloomfield Ave I don't notice people hanging out late at night. The town in general is quiet at night and the cops are friendly but if kids are loitering late at night they make them leave that location. Centre street is one of the main streets in Nutley so there are many cars that travel on it throughout the day, but nothing crazy.

Any more questions feel free.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,605 times
Thanks Johnfrisco, we actually drove today to the area and the wife really liked it, just like you said there was some traffic but just a few cars nothing crazy, everyone was driving slow and saw lots of children playing, we will return again this week to see how traffic on a weekday. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Good choice on choosing Nutley over Lyndhurst. I lived in Nutley for a long time and lived in Lyndhurst for 2 years. I liked Lyndhurst but Nutley is just nicer--quitter, nicer homes, friendly people and a beautiful park that runs through the entire town. Both towns have a large Italian American population.

At the intersection of Centre and Bloomfield Ave I don't notice people hanging out late at night. The town in general is quiet at night and the cops are friendly but if kids are loitering late at night they make them leave that location. Centre street is one of the main streets in Nutley so there are many cars that travel on it throughout the day, but nothing crazy.

Any more questions feel free.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 PM

478 posts, read 1,230,646 times
Pretty quiet area and town for that matter with the exception maybe of parts of Washington. Lots of side streets around there.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:55 PM

20 posts, read 73,934 times
I've been seeing a lot of homes for sale in Nutley. Is this tied in with the Roche closure (and perhaps the fear of rising taxes), or is there something else going on?

Old 05-24-2014, 07:45 AM

137 posts, read 183,140 times
$10k taxes easily in Nutley on your basic 50s cape home. Not sure a great many want to be part of that (especially those whose kids are grown up or those who never had kids in the first place).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey