Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 09:36 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,938,490 times

Advertisements

There are a couple of stations near me (Quick Chek and Hess), where I regularly see teenaged and young 20ish females pumping gas. They never seem to last long. Fast turnover.

Females probably don't think of working at a gas station like most would not think of becoming and auto mechanic, plumber or landscaper. Not they they shouldn't or couldn't be if they wanted to, but I guess it just doesn't come to mind. I assume most dirty and/or physical jobs wouldn't appeal to most females.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 09:50 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
I've always wondered that too. There's an old abandoned gas station on Godwin Ave. in Midland Park (it's been abandoned for many years), but I remember around 15 years ago I stopped to get gas there and a gorgeous young girl (around 19 or 20) was the one pumping the gas. I thought that was awesome, and I still regret not asking her out.

There may have been one other time that I saw a woman pumping gas in NJ, but it is exceedingly rare.

Uh, this might be part of the reason...?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
There are a couple of stations near me (Quick Chek and Hess), where I regularly see teenaged and young 20ish females pumping gas. They never seem to last long. Fast turnover.
Hess is always where I fill up. Cash and credit are the same price . Guess I will roll into the gas station you are mentioning, one day.

There is a new station called 76 which has opened up recently at many places in NJ.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:22 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Hess is always where I fill up. Cash and credit are the same price .

There is a new station called 76 which has opened up recently at many places in NJ.
Hopefully, Marathon will maintain the same pricing policy when they take over the Hess stations next year.

I was also surprised to see 76 stations in this area recently.
Union 76 had been essentially a West Coast brand, with just a few truck stops in the East.
Apparently they are making a push into this area with regular gas stations.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:44 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Hopefully, Marathon will maintain the same pricing policy when they take over the Hess stations next year.

I was also surprised to see 76 stations in this area recently.
Union 76 had been essentially a West Coast brand, with just a few truck stops in the East.
Apparently they are making a push into this area with regular gas stations.

If not Hess, my nearest cash & credit equality is quick-check near the 8A exit of the turnpike. That's a half hour drive just to fill up gas.

Are there other stations nearby you are familiar with if Hess changes its ways.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:35 PM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
If not Hess, my nearest cash & credit equality is quick-check near the 8A exit of the turnpike. That's a half hour drive just to fill up gas.

Once the new Costco in North Brunswick opens on July 24th, you can go there in order to buy gas w/o a surcharge for the use of a credit card.
Do you have an American Express card? That is the only credit card that they accept.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:51 PM

800 posts, read 1,297,814 times
there is one working at the hess station in milltown. thats the only one i can recall in 30 years in NJ

Old 07-17-2014, 02:46 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,189,542 times
Quote:

Sunoco and BP on Rt 27 (between New Road and Gateway Blvd) charges same for cash or credit. And they are usually the same $$ as Hess at Rt 1 and Finnegans. And there is never a line unlike at Hess or Raceway in Rt 1.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:53 PM

244 posts, read 598,143 times
My sister did it in high school at the only gas station in our town. This was in the mid 90's. I don't know- I wouldn't have done it - I don't like to pump my own gas so definitely wouldn't want to pump other peoples.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:56 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,472,570 times
at a Wawa in marlton there was a woman that pumped my gas a few times last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey