Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 11:04 AM

210 posts, read 384,025 times

Advertisements

Hi. We are moving from NJ to FL. I started calling the major companies (Mayflower, United, Allied, North American) only to find they have merged. Now I am not sure whose service we are getting because they have local agents and they use both company's trucks.

Have you had a long distance move? Who did you use and would you recommend them?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 11:11 AM

11,394 posts, read 16,781,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinyday View Post
Hi. We are moving from NJ to FL. I started calling the major companies (Mayflower, United, Allied, North American) only to find they have merged. Now I am not sure whose service we are getting because they have local agents and they use both company's trucks.

Have you had a long distance move? Who did you use and would you recommend them?

Thanks!
Please check your DM.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:33 AM

4,181 posts, read 4,199,273 times
I read from the Vegas's forum and a lot of them recommend company like U-Pack, where you do the packing and they move.

IMHO, it is not worth the cost, unless you have something that is replaceable. It does not cost that much more to buy them all new.

Just do some basic math and see how much you can get for your stuff if you put on CL or garage sales and then add up the cost of the move. It probably cost close to buying them all new.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:18 PM

166 posts, read 241,578 times
I have moved several times and have used Budd Moving each time. The first two times were employer paid relocations but the next two were out of my pocket. These ranged from across town to across the country. I recommend them highly! They happen to be based in NJ but operate their own equipment / employee drivers nationwide. They are very highly rated in the relocation arena. I have no affiliation with them other than a very satisfied customer.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 8,760 times
I used North Van Lines Inc. they are based out of hackensack. I believe they are a common carrier not a broker meaning they dont give your move to anyone else. We were very happy with them the agent Olga (ask for her if u call) was absolutely amazing. and best part we didnt break bank either :-)

Old 03-21-2015, 05:12 PM

19,182 posts, read 25,449,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke_1 View Post
I used North Van Lines Inc. they are based out of hackensack. I believe they are a common carrier not a broker meaning they dont give your move to anyone else. We were very happy with them the agent Olga (ask for her if u call) was absolutely amazing. and best part we didnt break bank either :-)
I would strongly suggest that the OP ignore the post that I copied above.
That forum member has made only a few posts, and they are ALL espousing the virtues of North Van Lines.

I don't think that I am going too far out on the proverbial limb to suggest that "Brook" is actually "Olga".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: