Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:47 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I'm really surprised that some people in Warren County consider themselves in Central Jersey.

Help us figure out the boundaries of North, Central and South Jersey once and for all (INTERACTIVE MAP) | NJ.com
I am too. Did you see that whacked first map? Blairstown is Central?! You mean I have to drive NORTH from my NORTH Jersey home to get to CENTRAL Jersey?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 02:03 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Interesting Just looking at the bottom map anything North of Philly but South NYC appears Central

North of NYC show mostly North, south of Philly shows South

Now where does the Philly/NYC divide happen - the upper map seems to capture with Mercer mostly split and central and North NJ more aligning to the NYC metro and South more aligned to the Philly area with some exceptions but mostly from my experience seems right

LBI seems to align more NYC with a strong Philly influence all points north are Def North Jersey/NYC and South on the shore mostly Philly beaches if that makes sense. My brother now has a house in Spring Lake _ cant believe how close it actually is to Philly - much easier to get to than Stone Harbor
LBI is still voting South for the most part except for a few contrarians in Barnegat light. I'm not sure how that township feels different than the rest of the island, unless few people voted.

There are a couple of tan areas in Southern New Jersey. Mullica Township is sparsely populated and the other one is the Edward G Bevan Fish and Wildlife Management Area. In other words, no one voted. I suspect that's what's happening with Lacey Township. Quite a bit of it is semi-rural and there are a few retirement communities.

Lacey Township has changed colors; they're no longer in the tan zone.

I have no idea why you think LBI aligns with NYC. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:03 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I am too. Did you see that whacked first map? Blairstown is Central?! You mean I have to drive NORTH from my NORTH Jersey home to get to CENTRAL Jersey?!
I know. Just another example of how clueless some people are regarding geography. I love when people say, "We are going down to Maine this summer."

Old 04-20-2015, 02:41 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman27 View Post
Spring Lake is great, isn't it? My family and I were driving down the shore through all those shore towns in Monmouth County last Saturday, and Spring Lake has to be one of the most beautiful.

It use to be a lot better ,while it has always been high end the "new money" there now is killing the town .I would rather live in the Hamptons then with the New buy out money that has taken over Spring Lake ,Sea Girt and Brielle.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:48 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
LBI is still voting South for the most part except for a few contrarians in Barnegat light. I'm not sure how that township feels different than the rest of the island, unless few people voted.

There are a couple of tan areas in Southern New Jersey. Mullica Township is sparsely populated and the other one is the Edward G Bevan Fish and Wildlife Management Area. In other words, no one voted. I suspect that's what's happening with Lacey Township. Quite a bit of it is semi-rural and there are a few retirement communities.

Lacey Township has changed colors; they're no longer in the tan zone.

I have no idea why you think LBI aligns with NYC. That doesn't make any sense to me.
A lot of people in North (or Central I guess!) Jersey have homes in LBI. About half the people in my town that have shore houses that I know (and there's a lot - dozens of families I know) have one in LBI, the other half Lavallette, Seaside Park, or another nearby or more northern town. I've always associated LBI more with us up here for that reason. I also know some New Yorkers, mostly Staten Island, who have a house in LBI or rent them.

LBI is not big on day trips for NYC area people, but home ownership and rentals, definitely IMO.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM

882 posts, read 1,671,190 times
Last night Alpine and Rockleigh were voting majority South Jersey...I'm guessing some people were having fun skewing the voting.

Shocked Bordentown considers itself Central, I usually consider Burlington County synonymous with South Jersey.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:51 PM

472 posts, read 812,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
It use to be a lot better ,while it has always been high end the "new money" there now is killing the town .I would rather live in the Hamptons then with the New buy out money that has taken over Spring Lake ,Sea Girt and Brielle.
Oh, I didn't realize there was new money there. I thought it was mostly old money. Either way, the houses there are really nice.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 PM

472 posts, read 812,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I know. Just another example of how clueless some people are regarding geography. I love when people say, "We are going down to Maine this summer."
And when people regard Middlesex County as South Jersey.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 AM

255 posts, read 455,905 times
Many clueless and delusional folks commenting there for sure.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:32 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
It's just North & South to me. I don't accept the idea of a Central Jersey. That said, South Jersey is easy to define. It consists of Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Cape May, Atlantic, & Ocean counties. Everything else is North Jersey. I live in Salem County and many people here tend to think of northern Burlington County (by Trenton) and most of Ocean County to be North Jersey. However, I disagree with this view and I think the definition of South Jersey that I provided makes the most sense overall for many reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey