Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 02:49 PM

9 posts, read 15,442 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Troy, NY to NJ. I'm getting relocated for work and I'll be working in Clifton NJ. I'm looking for either a one to two bedroom apartment or house to rent. My budget right now is $1,500 a month at the most. I'm looking for something either near by or at the most a 15 min drive from Clifton NJ. Safety is a big priority for me when I'm looking for an apt. Right now I'm living near a college and it's a pretty nice environment. Not loud and very safe. My partner and I are in our early twenties. For us our biggest thing is finding somewhere that looks nice and is a nice area to walk outside. Does anyone have suggestions on apartment buildings or cities near by that sounds like a good match? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 04:15 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjesusgonz View Post
I'm moving from Troy, NY to NJ. I'm getting relocated for work and I'll be working in Clifton NJ. I'm looking for either a one to two bedroom apartment or house to rent. My budget right now is $1,500 a month at the most. I'm looking for something either near by or at the most a 15 min drive from Clifton NJ. Safety is a big priority for me when I'm looking for an apt. Right now I'm living near a college and it's a pretty nice environment. Not loud and very safe. My partner and I are in our early twenties. For us our biggest thing is finding somewhere that looks nice and is a nice area to walk outside. Does anyone have suggestions on apartment buildings or cities near by that sounds like a good match? Thank you.
It would be an apartment with that budget.

There are a lot of options that fit the criteria you listed. Pretty much anything you can find within your budget that you deem to "look nice" would fit unless its in Passaic or Paterson.

A lot of people in early 20s live in Clifton near MSU if that appeals to you.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:40 AM

862 posts, read 976,698 times
the surrounding towns, are mostly safe exept Passaic and Paterson, very unsafe, try Clifton, Rutherford,
Lyndhurst, Montclair.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:17 AM

93 posts, read 130,818 times
By nice area to walk outside, do you mean parks/greenery? If so, I'd suggest looking for a place near one of Nutley's many parks. The town does have more of a family feel. That may or may not be a positive for you.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:52 AM

21 posts, read 25,981 times
West Paterson has some nice spots. Glen Ridge, Cedar Grove, The Caldwells, Fairfield are all fine spots to live.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:35 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjesusgonz View Post
Coming from the troylet, you'll be fine in just about any neighborhood except maybe Paterson which has bad parts that will be reminiscent of arbor hill in Albany. West Paterson(woodland park) or Clifton itself is probably closest to a Troy like environment. Except by RPI or the waterfront which is much nicer than troy in general and is actually more like a Hoboken or the Downtown historic district of Jersey City. Montclair has almost a Saratoga Springs like feel to it and I'd probably go with that given your budget and its proximity to clifton.

Last edited by Goldendoodle1969; 02-18-2016 at 12:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey