Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,571 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I've been searching through these threads for the answer to my question, and unfortunately I haven't come across a situation that is similar to the one I'm currently facing. I work in Princeton and currently live in central NJ (Mercer County). I'll be moving in with my boyfriend this summer, but the issue is he works in downtown Manhattan (Wall Street). I have a car, but he does not. I'm looking to rent a condo (preferably, though I'd be ok with apartments if they're cat friendly) that is either walking distance to a train station, or provides a shuttle to a train station. I also want to live in an area that isn't too far from my workplace either (max 30 minute drive. It'd be nice to avoid driving on route 1, but so far it seems that if I move anywhere north, I'll have to deal with this.) I've been looking into North Brunswick area specifically. My question is, does anyone know of an apartment complex or condo association that is in North Brunswick, and that is either walking distance to the train or provides a shuttle to a train? Or has direct bus lines to NYC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 09:21 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
You might want to consider renting in Princeton Jct. The Mews apartments, Avalon and Princeton Terrace. They have buses/shuttles to the Princeton Jct train station and you will have access to Princeton without driving on Rte 1 via Washington Rd or Alexander Rd.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:29 PM

378 posts, read 587,207 times
Somerville area? Near US206 down to Princeton and on the Raritan Valley Line to Newark (and then PATH to Wall Street).

A bit long of a NYC commute though.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:51 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,013,121 times
there are a lot of apartment complexes on route 27 in franklin as you travel north towards north brunswick. There are multiple bus stops on 27 that go to midtown and downtown (coachusa). I would investigate those first.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,571 times
Thanks to all who've replied! I was considering The Mews, but I was hoping to find something more in our price range-- max $1700 for 2 bedrooms, max $1200 for 1 bedroom. I haven't considered the Somerville area or along Route 27 in Franklin, but I'll look into it.

If anyone has specific recommendations for apartment/rental communities in the areas mentioned above, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm not from NJ, so I don't know much about crime rates, general safety issues, etc in these areas.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:34 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
I guess there's working on Wall Street, and then there's working on "Wall Street".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey