Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 02:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,600 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Wife and I are just in the very preliminary stages of finding somewhere to raise our family. Not moving until 2017, but want to start getting a feel for some places. Currently in Essex County and been there for most of our lives, and we are just tired of it.

We want to check out Rumson, Fair Haven, and Sea Bright. Mainly because of the schools (baby starts pre-K next year), the proximity to the beach, ferry to NYC (where I work), and low property taxes. I only commute 3 to 4 days a week, and I go off-peak so the ferry price isn't too restrictive. Hoping to get at least a 3 bed, 2 bath house in one of those towns. Budget is around 500 to 650k.

So what areas of town should we check out? Is there a specific "downtown" area or walkable business district to check out restaurants/shops/etc or are the business areas spread around? Best parks, beaches?

Is there much difference between the Elementary Schools in Rumson and Fair Haven? I understand they share a HS. Do the towns invest heavily in the school system? Good sports and extracurriculars as well?

Thanks for sharing any info, looking forward to spending some time in the area this Spring to get a feel for it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey