Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 06:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,087 times

Advertisements

As a couple in our young 20's looking to buy our first home before getting married next fall, we have been looking all over to find a nice affordable place to buy. Finding Galloway I instantly fell in love. I don't mind the 45 minute commute that it would end up being and I really love the quiet feel it has. My fiance and I always drive around the area and local stores at different times of day to see what kind of people are around. It always looks safe and boring not to many people outside. I do notice a lot of foreclosures which is why we are even looking in the area. However, I'm curious if there is a reason the area is so cheap...is it safe? Every area has some crime but I'm curious is the area relatively safe? Hard to find a home for under 60k seems too good to be true....

I would appreciate the input of any locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 AM

462 posts, read 549,870 times
Sorry not a local, but I've driven through there and it looks very nice. At that price I have to assume you are well away from the water. I know it is near Atlantic City and my guess is a lot of people who live there have or used to work in Atlantic City. Atlantic City has fallen on hard times and I imagine many of those foreclosed homes are from people who have lost their jobs.

It is definitely very quiet there, and if you plan on having children soon it might be a good place (check the school system out though). If you are planning on it just being the two of you for awhile since you are so young I would look someplace with a little more life to it, unless you like a very slow placed lifestyle.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:06 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,752,540 times
Where will you be working? You say a 45 minute commute from Galloway, but there could be something better that is closer to work. Also see the post before me. Sums my opinion up pretty well.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:58 PM

68 posts, read 77,059 times
Went to school down there, it's a nice area depending on where your coming from. One thing to consider is that a lot of kids from Stockton rent in that area, so keep in mind that tenants of all different backgrounds are revolving. From what i can remember the area was well-maintained and if there were foreclosures they weren't boarded up like you see in more urban areas. A lot of the crime element is carried over from AC and Pleasantville but that shouldn't discourage you. I would chat with some of the residents and ask for their opinion. Good luck.

Also, try posting in the South Jersey Forum..

Last edited by Wall.John123; 11-30-2016 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: South Jersey suggestion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey