Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 6,027 times

Advertisements

Okay I am really getting fed up with all those people making illigal driveways and no parking signs where there is not a lligal driveways. Who do I complain about this. Went to Parking Authority in Jersey City , told me to call City Enginners.

Anyone knows what to do to get those illigal driveways and signs to be removed? Cause It's really annoying cause they have their spot reserved any time of the day when I have to find the damn parking several blocks away and walk. I can see illigle Curb cut and hand painted sign for about 13 house in my block. Someone please let me know what to do?

By the way this is in Jersey City, and On Columbia Ave.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,742 times
Default Dealing with the same issue !

I have the same excat issue! did anyone happen to get back to you about this? I have a car on my block who parks their car in front of their staircase which isn't a drive way they have a driveway next to the staircase this morning i came out with a threating not saying they'll tow me or call the cops. First off they got in the " staircase parking" second its NOT A DRIVE WAY! I have to deal with people painting their own lines longer then their houses i have a house on my block who has a drive way and parks both cars in actual parking spots ! I get home at 5:00pm everyday and have to park miles away or up the hills i'm fed up ! Since im at work i have my mom going to port authority on central which i feel like I won't recieve any help from. It's so bad i want to move and that shouldn't be.

This is on terrace ave in jersey city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigz View Post
Okay I am really getting fed up with all those people making illigal driveways and no parking signs where there is not a lligal driveways. Who do I complain about this. Went to Parking Authority in Jersey City , told me to call City Enginners.

Anyone knows what to do to get those illigal driveways and signs to be removed? Cause It's really annoying cause they have their spot reserved any time of the day when I have to find the damn parking several blocks away and walk. I can see illigle Curb cut and hand painted sign for about 13 house in my block. Someone please let me know what to do?

By the way this is in Jersey City, and On Columbia Ave.
Thanks

Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,866,005 times
Then tell them to call the cops. Who will come out and say "Um, that's a fake sign, take it down."

I can put up a sign saying anything, '86 Firebird Parking Only, No Standing on Dog, the problem is enforcing it through legal means.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:27 AM

19,121 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Then tell them to call the cops. Who will come out and say "Um, that's a fake sign, take it down."
I can put up a sign saying anything, '86 Firebird Parking Only, No Standing on Dog, the problem is enforcing it through legal means.

Good advice, as usual, from Jaymoney.

Then, we have the following...puzzling...comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe24 View Post
i have my mom going to port authority on central which i feel like I won't recieve any help from.
What would The Port Authority have to do with parking on a street in Jersey City?

Old 03-13-2017, 12:47 PM

516 posts, read 1,005,368 times
I have been having problems in my neighborhood as well. The people you need to call is the Zoning Department. We had a family who ripped up their front yard and paved it--apparently so many called zoning that they were aware as soon as I gave the address. They will issue a violations and it takes several weeks for anything to happen.

The problem is that zoning depends on google map images to see how "old" the cuts are to determine whether this is a new violation. They don't pursue "grandfathered" violations. So if no one calls and a few years go by, that illegal driveway is now legal in the eyes of zoning department. That's what their director told me. "Is the pavement the same color as the rest of the pavement" is their rule of thumb. So this illegal driveway, instead of being torn up, the owner puts up a fence and throws some dirt on the cement. In 5 years, it will be aged and they can take away the dirt and call it grandfathered. *rolls eyes*

You will always have jerks who think they can do whatever they want. The cops may not tow or ticket you, but I have seen a jackass neighbor call a private towing company and EZ Tow came! I don't know how the dispute over payment went...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey