Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,524,009 times

Advertisements

dont worry Im keeping it professional first off. Got a call do go talk to 2 meth heads today. I did not ever hear of actually meth users in NJ. This ought to be interesting. Has anyone heard of meth users in NJ!! Very uncommon. Lets hope they slept! Hopefully I can refer them to a program that deals with meth addiction. This has really not hit NJ so this may be different. I hope it does not come here. This is a bad drug. Worse than coke. We shall see, gotta go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
dont worry Im keeping it professional first off. Got a call do go talk to 2 meth heads today. I did not ever hear of actually meth users in NJ. This ought to be interesting. Has anyone heard of meth users in NJ!! Very uncommon. Lets hope they slept! Hopefully I can refer them to a program that deals with meth addiction. This has really not hit NJ so this may be different. I hope it does not come here. This is a bad drug. Worse than coke. We shall see, gotta go.
Seriously? Pull your head out of the sand morse...it's more common than you realize!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Seriously? Pull your head out of the sand morse...it's more common than you realize!
actually your wrong its not that common in NJ. I just spoke with the person who referred me and gave me some background, they drive to WayMart, PA to get the meth thats by Scranton which makes alot more sense to me. There are very very few places to get meth in NJ. Maybe NY /PA but not NJ. There are few if none reported meth making labs in NJ this year.

Thanks for your words though wiley. There may be users but its not easy to get in NJ.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:46 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Yes, get your head out of the sand morse. My cousin is a pharmacist and works at a methadone clinic for strung outs!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:48 AM

9 posts, read 42,399 times
i thought herion was big in nj......maybe its just um........hopatcong? kidding!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 AM

I gotta leave in 10 minutes but no, were taking methamphetemine, not methadone. Meth is crystal meth, crank, tina, speed, ice its battery acid , lye, draino, red phospherous, and alot of other chemicals like the main ingredient is pydeoeudoephedrine, spelling is wrong, the crap in claritian d, this is why we have to sign for it at a cvs. Its SPEED. Methadone is synthetic narcotic which helps heroin users basically not need to inject more heroin every 4- 6 hour. You can take methadone and it will stabilize your withdrawl for 12-24 hours. Totally different drug.

Crystal Meth makes you UP and go

Methadone/Heroin makes you nod out and sleep and feel no pain

Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Yes, get your head out of the sand morse. My cousin is a pharmacist and works at a methadone clinic for strung outs!
I believe Morse is referring to methamphetamine not methadone..huge difference
We do have it here

Old 12-18-2008, 06:58 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,866,474 times
I have never heard of it in NJ really. In AZ it seemed much more common. I read some of the crap that goes into that and no wonder these people are so screwed up.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I believe Morse is referring to methamphetamine not methadone..huge difference
We do have it here
My cousin has job security with all the drug users that come in...... I thought he meant methadone! They all have one thing in common--they all fry your brain!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,765,333 times
Methamphetamine is HUGE here and pretty easy to get. It's a tight knit group. Meth heads know meth heads and have no problem traveling for it. I have been seeing it around since the 80's readily available and probably further back than that, but I was too young to know about it. If you know someone that does it, they know where they can get it and from a few sources.

It is definitely speed. People on it go to work, no problem. You can function on it. It's different from coke, as in you are not just thinking about the next line, like coke. You can do one of meth and go for hours, have another, etc. You can stay up for days on end. When you crash though, you crash, sleeping for an entire day or longer.

I'm sure some will argue with me, but from what I've seen with it, it's not really addictive. VERY dangerous, but not really addictive. You WANT it but don't HAVE to have it. Maybe that's why it isn't heard of as much, I don't know. AND you can't do this stuff outside in any type of warm/humid weather, it will melt. Just an added bit of information.

The ether based stuff is the most sought after. The reason you don't want to do line after line is because it burns really really bad when you snort it.

It's not really seen as a drug of choice for kids/teens, more of an older clientelle. Mid to late 20's +, with a lot of users on the + side.

Marilyn doesn't have her head in the sand. For the reasons I stated above, you don't hear about it as being a problem very often at all. And if someone gets busted, not a big deal, someone else will just go make it in their bathtub.

It's like a closet drug, you don't see it sold on street corners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey