Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:49 PM

48 posts, read 386,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
No politicians! Government for the people, by the people! We will decide! We will meet once a month and decide on new rules...
Sounds nice. I think we had a government like that many years ago. That's what the history books tell us anyway.

Yes, a spaceport is good. We'll need a few pawn shops and some nudie bars as well. It's Newer Jersey...

Listen, before we start this lunar paradise, there will have to be some meetings on zoning, environmental impact studies (there may be a lunar rock that's endangered), we'll need sealed plans and I'm sure it'll be a rate job as well. In honor of the times, we'll give a no-bid contract to the builder who will take the deposit and fly off to Mars for a few months before filing bankruptcy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,366,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
And plenty of nail salons, bagel shops and good pizza places.
Don't forget the malls.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Oh yus guys are crackin me up!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
EB2

and what about some of the stereotypes?

are we gonna have those?

or do the mobsters/guidos/etc get to stay behind?

Old 03-24-2008, 04:56 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff MRT View Post
Sounds nice. I think we had a government like that many years ago. That's what the history books tell us anyway.

Yes, a spaceport is good. We'll need a few pawn shops and some nudie bars as well. It's Newer Jersey...

Listen, before we start this lunar paradise, there will have to be some meetings on zoning, environmental impact studies (there may be a lunar rock that's endangered), we'll need sealed plans and I'm sure it'll be a rate job as well. In honor of the times, we'll give a no-bid contract to the builder who will take the deposit and fly off to Mars for a few months before filing bankruptcy.
Good point! Ok, 5 acre minimum to start - last thing we want is those cluster homes! Endangered rocks - we can gather them up before we break ground and store them in that vault on Earth in the North pole next to the seeds... get all of that pesky environmental stuff out of the way so we can be free to rape the land. Oh and no MAFIA! This way we will make sure we control the neighborhoods! Oh and access to Mars so we can go and give that contractor a good ole fashion Newerark beat Down!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
and what about some of the stereotypes?

are we gonna have those?

or do the mobsters/guidos/etc get to stay behind?
Well I'm sure we will still have Big Haired Jersey girls with that gravity issue... no mobters - we'll leave them here. And a work week will be 20 hrs. maximum! Free medical.... no need for gas as we can glide ourselves to work!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:04 PM
EB2

Quote:
Well I'm sure we will still have Big Haired Jersey girls with that gravity issue... no mobters - we'll leave them here. And a work week will be 20 hrs. maximum! Free medical.... no need for gas as we can glide ourselves to work!
and lots of big homes with lots of windows!?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
and lots of big homes with lots of windows!?
McLunar Mansions... I like it! Earthview homes will be the equivalent to lake front homes... we can all marvel at all those headlights on the major highways - watch as asteroids hit the earth..it will be our Northern Lights!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:12 PM
EB2

Quote:
McLunar Mansions... I like it! Earthview homes will be the equivalent to lake front homes... we can all marvel at all those headlights on the major highways - watch as asteroids hit the earth..it will be our Northern Lights!
Brilliant! I like it! Count me in!

oh, and one last question...Corzine and his posse/other politicians invited?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Brilliant! I like it! Count me in!

oh, and one last question...Corzine and his posse/other politicians invited?
NO WAY! No politicians... we will run our own city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey