Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 01:08 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
You were talking about the article. Not sub-headlines...and what sub-headline are you referring to?

What you said was this:

What the article states is what I quoted from the article:

Do you have a problem with that?
If you do, why?

Exactly. There are more white folks than Hispanic folks living in Morristown. More white folks than Black folks or Asian or "others" or "mixed" in Morristown.

What did you not understand?

See the above.

You probably meant that Morristown is a diverse town with a majority of minorities. But you went on the "white" thing. So now you know.

I don't tend to have that issue.

Not a strawman. It's a fact.

You keep thinking that...must be nice to live in la-la land.

Why do you think that might be?

How could anyone say that they'd like to live in a white town? That's just RACIST!!!!

Congrats. Would you like a cookie?
Good lord. You are mind numbing. You are a middle aged adult, and you argue like a petulant child.

First of all, you go on these micro digressions that are not even the point, and/or just twist things around.

Second of all, your argument that Morristown is a majority white town, at 49.2% white, because yeah but yeah but, there are still more white people than black people, still more white people than Hispanic people, and still more white people than Asian people is (1) laughable (2) an insult to math and statistics, and (3) stunningly spectacular alternative math.

There is white, and there is non white.

My point about the Patch article is that it never says anything about WHITE TOWNS. And yet DannyHobkins posts a link to that article, and frames it as being about WHITE TOWNS, titling this thread "Major MS-13 presence growing in white NJ towns...". This is what I meant by click bait.

Where in the Patch article does it mention WHITE TOWNS? That's ok. You can keep dodging the question.

I'M the one that "went on the "white" thing"? That was your buddy DannyHobkins. I didn't create the thread title. I can't tell if you're being disingenuous, or if you are really this delusional.

Third, you seem angry that people don't ask more often if they can live in a white town.

If you do, why?

Indeed.

Again, your logic is faulty. Or willfully reductive.

Your argument: People can ask if they can live in Indian towns or black towns, but white people can't ask if they can live in white towns???!!!!111!

People don't ask to live in "Indian towns" or in "black towns" on this forum. They make inquiries about how diversity friendly an area is, because they want to know how difficult it will be to fit in.

Nuance is a thing. Try it some time.

The accurate parallel to these types of questions is NOT "I want to live in a white town. What are some white towns?", it is "I'm interested in Edison. But I'm concerned that we'll be the only white people in town, and I'm not sure how easy it will be to fit in with the community, or if my kid is going to have trouble making friends."

...which nobody would bat an eye about.

In fact, I saw a thread recently where someone was inquiring about being white and fitting in with either Koreans or Chinese folks in one of the Bergen County towns. No one said THAT'S RACIST.

Your white oppression bit is embarrassing. Do yourself a favor and just stop.

Fourth, regarding your generous offer of sarcastic baked goods...

You asked a question, based on distorted suppositions, implying I have double standards, and I responded in kind. Cut to: Would you like a cookie?

LOL. So sullen. You don't like my answer because it doesn't fit neatly into the little narrative you've weaved.

Ok, yeah, I'll take a cookie. Actually, I'll take 3, because I deserve it after entertaining your posts. Here is what you should gather for me:

1 Italian sprinkle cookie with red & green sprinkles
1 hamantaschen (fig filling)
1 Madeleine (Entenmann's will do)

Let's meet at the Morristown Green for the cookie exchange. Don't bring any valuables and maybe wear some Kevlar. Also, don't come alone. Bring a buddy for safety. Morristown is very dangerous and we'll probably get shot by MS-13.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:10 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Why hasn’t this thread been closed yet?!

Old 12-08-2018, 03:18 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Shouldn't we give racists an opportunity to demonstrate their racism and overall ignorance?

Old 12-08-2018, 03:50 PM

168 posts, read 128,983 times
Being concerned about your own safety is now considered racist.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:12 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygent View Post
Being concerned about your own safety is now considered racist.
… as you clutch your pearls and hunker-down in your home because of exaggerated fears...

Old 12-08-2018, 04:52 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retriever View Post
… as you clutch your pearls and hunker-down in your home because of exaggerated fears...
+1

Old 12-08-2018, 05:29 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
+1 ,

Old 12-08-2018, 11:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Good lord. You are mind numbing. You are a middle aged adult, and you argue like a petulant child.

First of all, you go on these micro digressions that are not even the point, and/or just twist things around.

Second of all, your argument that Morristown is a majority white town, at 49.2% white, because yeah but yeah but, there are still more white people than black people, still more white people than Hispanic people, and still more white people than Asian people is (1) laughable (2) an insult to math and statistics, and (3) stunningly spectacular alternative math.

There is white, and there is non white.

My point about the Patch article is that it never says anything about WHITE TOWNS. And yet DannyHobkins posts a link to that article, and frames it as being about WHITE TOWNS, titling this thread "Major MS-13 presence growing in white NJ towns...". This is what I meant by click bait.

Where in the Patch article does it mention WHITE TOWNS? That's ok. You can keep dodging the question.

I'M the one that "went on the "white" thing"? That was your buddy DannyHobkins. I didn't create the thread title. I can't tell if you're being disingenuous, or if you are really this delusional.

Third, you seem angry that people don't ask more often if they can live in a white town.

If you do, why?

Indeed.

Again, your logic is faulty. Or willfully reductive.

Your argument: People can ask if they can live in Indian towns or black towns, but white people can't ask if they can live in white towns???!!!!111!

People don't ask to live in "Indian towns" or in "black towns" on this forum. They make inquiries about how diversity friendly an area is, because they want to know how difficult it will be to fit in.

Nuance is a thing. Try it some time.

The accurate parallel to these types of questions is NOT "I want to live in a white town. What are some white towns?", it is "I'm interested in Edison. But I'm concerned that we'll be the only white people in town, and I'm not sure how easy it will be to fit in with the community, or if my kid is going to have trouble making friends."

...which nobody would bat an eye about.

In fact, I saw a thread recently where someone was inquiring about being white and fitting in with either Koreans or Chinese folks in one of the Bergen County towns. No one said THAT'S RACIST.

Your white oppression bit is embarrassing. Do yourself a favor and just stop.

Fourth, regarding your generous offer of sarcastic baked goods...

You asked a question, based on distorted suppositions, implying I have double standards, and I responded in kind. Cut to: Would you like a cookie?

LOL. So sullen. You don't like my answer because it doesn't fit neatly into the little narrative you've weaved.

Ok, yeah, I'll take a cookie. Actually, I'll take 3, because I deserve it after entertaining your posts. Here is what you should gather for me:

1 Italian sprinkle cookie with red & green sprinkles
1 hamantaschen (fig filling)
1 Madeleine (Entenmann's will do)

Let's meet at the Morristown Green for the cookie exchange. Don't bring any valuables and maybe wear some Kevlar. Also, don't come alone. Bring a buddy for safety. Morristown is very dangerous and we'll probably get shot by MS-13.

Awww, someone got triggered.

Get help.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:15 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Shouldn't we give racists an opportunity to demonstrate their racism and overall ignorance?
Who are the racists?

Do tell.

And they would be "racists" because facts offend liberals?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey