Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2021, 08:38 AM

23,895 posts, read 33,650,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the guidance in NJ is that unvaccinated "should" wear masks but not a requirement right? im about to go somewhere that i actually may be called out for being unvaccinated without a mask.

im not looking to have any arguments over it, ill put on a mask if its required and someone there knows im not vaccinated.

I read it to say that the only people unmasked are people who got the vaccine. Everyone else should be masking. Real life is all of the signs are down so they don't care who masks and who doesn't.

It doesn't say unvaxed has to, it says they're strongly encouraged to. So legally, no one is required to mask according to this mandate so I guess I'll shut up about kids having to still mask.

If you read above to my last reply, I linked to the variants that are in NJ. Since I'm not vaccinated, I'll continue to mask to keep myself from getting one of those.

Here is the official mandate from Murphy, I still have to read it to see if I'm remembering it right.

Governor Murphy Lifts Major COVID-19 Restrictions, Moves Forward with Most Significant Reopening Steps to Date

Quote:
05/24/2021

With Key COVID-19 Benchmarks Achieved, Governor Murphy Lifts Indoor Mask Mandate, Removes Social Distancing Requirements and Gathering Limits Among Others
Changes Effective in Two Phases – On Friday, May 28 and Friday, June 4

TRENTON – Governor Phil Murphy today signed Executive Order No. 242, lifting major COVID-19 restrictions and moving forward with the state’s most significant reopening steps to date. Effective on Friday, May 28, the indoor mask mandate in public spaces will be lifted, as well as the six-foot social distancing requirement in both indoor and outdoor spaces, the prohibition on dance floors at bars and restaurants, and the prohibition on ordering and eating/drinking while standing at bars and restaurants. Additionally, effective Friday, June 4, indoor gathering and capacity limits will be lifted.
Over the last two weeks, key COVID-19 benchmarks have been achieved across New Jersey, including a dramatic increase in vaccinations, and significant decreases in new COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, spot positivity rates, and rates of transmission, solidifying the foundation for the state’s sweeping reopening steps. Per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, individuals who are not fully vaccinated -- defined as two weeks after receiving the second shot of a two-dose vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccination (Johnson & Johnson) – are strongly encouraged to continue masking and social distancing.

“Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, my administration has been guided by science, data, and facts to put New Jersey on the road to recovery with the public health and safety of all New Jerseyans as our highest priority,” said Governor Murphy. “Together, we have made tremendous progress in crushing this virus, and the last two weeks have shown significant decreases in key areas of our data, including new COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, spot positivity rates, and rates of transmission. These data points, coupled with a dramatic increase in our vaccination efforts resulting in over 4.7 million New Jerseyans with their first shot, allow us to lift major restrictions and move forward with our most significant reopening steps to date.”

See the link for the rest

Last edited by Roselvr; 06-13-2021 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 09:37 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,781,199 times
Woohoo! Thanks, I'm free to not wear a mask and I'm not even breaking the "law." I'm in a place with 2 staff and 8 customers. One staff and one customer wearing a mask. The person who I was concerned about was a no show so I'm good.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Woohoo! Thanks, I'm free to not wear a mask and I'm not even breaking the "law." I'm in a place with 2 staff and 8 customers. One staff and one customer wearing a mask. The person who I was concerned about was a no show so I'm good.

You're welcome. You may want to open the link I posted in a tab on your cell browser so that you have it to shove in someone's face if they do say something. That's what I'd do. I love having chrome on my cell, it keeps my tabs open lol

Old 06-13-2021, 10:16 AM

3,336 posts, read 1,829,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
I apologize to you, however, I will stand by my statement, that most people who refuse to tell are likely not vaccinated.
Maybe... maybe not.
I wore a mask in FEB of 2020 at the outbreak and when masks were 'not effective' at protecting you from infection.. but were (oddly) very effective at protecting others who were not wearing one!

Clearly nonsense.
So, like many official pronouncements that ran counter to my own experience and common sense, I ignored the message and masked up. Lonely, yes indeed.

Once I got vaxed and immediately after de-masking was pronounced OK, I dropped the mask, both indoors and out. Lonely? At first yes, but no longer.

If someone asks I may respond "Yes... but it didn't work and I got covid.. and recovered!" to see the reaction.
Then what will they do?

Glad I live in So Fl and not up north anymore where everything is politicized and argued ad nauseum.
P.S. We're doing just fine.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 06-13-2021 at 11:21 AM..

Old 06-13-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
How about yoda?
thanks for the suggestion. ive gone 2 star wars so im thinking something else. i saw a transformers bumble bee one but im more a megatron guy. one annoying thing is that when you search for masks, its coronavirus masks that fill up the results. i look pretty bad ass with my crocs and my stolen valor shorts.

[url=https://postimg.cc/PPG3cbx1]

Old 06-13-2021, 11:08 AM

50,980 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
the guidance in NJ is that unvaccinated "should" wear masks but not a requirement right? im about to go somewhere that i actually may be called out for being unvaccinated without a mask.

im not looking to have any arguments over it, ill put on a mask if its required and someone there knows im not vaccinated.
No one is going to ask you if you’re vaccinated. Unless you’re going to visit someone in a nursing home or hospital, but there you would need a mask still regardless.

Old 06-13-2021, 11:09 AM

50,980 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
thanks for the suggestion. ive gone 2 star wars so im thinking something else. i saw a transformers bumble bee one but im more a megatron guy. one annoying thing is that when you search for masks, its coronavirus masks that fill up the results. i look pretty bad ass with my crocs and my stolen valor shorts.

[url=https://postimg.cc/PPG3cbx1]
If you Google Halloween costumes instead of masks you will get the results you need.

Old 06-13-2021, 11:52 AM

98 posts, read 175,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I've noticed that many (but not all) of the hindu owned stores are still requiring masks.
And they're still wearing gloves, even though it's been proven that covid19 doesn't spread that way.
Tell me about it! Just go to any Indian grocery store on Oak Tree Road in Iselin (I'm Indian myself) and will see nearly everyone in masks, many in N95's still, and gloves and I'm almost certain the great majority is vaccinated!

I want to be the rebel and have been avoiding masks as much as possible and would rather get scolded in such stores for not wearing which hasn't happened yet lol.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:

So how did you make out? Did anyone ask you if you got the vaccine?

You look younger then I thought you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No one is going to ask you if you’re vaccinated. Unless you’re going to visit someone in a nursing home or hospital, but there you would need a mask still regardless.

People in his circle may say something to him because I'm sure they know how he feels about the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taalman1 View Post
Tell me about it! Just go to any Indian grocery store on Oak Tree Road in Iselin (I'm Indian myself) and will see nearly everyone in masks, many in N95's still, and gloves and I'm almost certain the great majority is vaccinated!

I want to be the rebel and have been avoiding masks as much as possible and would rather get scolded in such stores for not wearing which hasn't happened yet lol.

I bet you're LYFAO at them! I would be. Do they drive home like that too? They're spreading germs in their cars by wearing dirty gloves. I'm in South Jersey, I'm still seeing a few people driving like that, saw one yesterday. It wasn't someone that was an Indian. They were some sort of European.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
So how did you make out? Did anyone ask you if you got the vaccine?

You look younger then I thought you were.
nobody would typically ask but i was going to a tennis lesson and my daughter usually does it with a friend. the friend's mother (also a friend) is well aware of the fact that my wife isnt going to get the vaccine and likely assumes im not either. she has been highly covid concerned and is the type of person that may call me out about not wearing a mask even though im supposed to. its hard to say for sure, she seems to have relaxed a bit since being vaccinated but still may stick to the idea that we are supposed to follow the "rules." anyway, she was a no show so there was no issues or risk.

im 40.

still trying to think of a good mask. i typically like villain masks over heroes. i guess i think its funnier that way, i like being funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey