Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2023, 04:59 PM

10,496 posts, read 7,019,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJWestWoods View Post
Gotta hand it to them, they succeeded in keeping it quiet. If it weren't for the dead whales and dolphins no one would know. Actually, most people still don't know.

Here's a recent article about the turbines farms in NJ. Offshore Wind Turbines Having Trouble off the Atlantic Coast

Includes a section on bird mortality.

"A study estimated about 250,000 bird deaths a year from wind turbines. With around 50,000 megawatts of installed capacity, there are roughly 5 bird deaths per megawatt per year. While bird mortality from other sources may be much higher, the location and height of wind turbines is especially harmful to birds of prey and other species in peril. Most other bird deaths occur closer to ground but involve common birds whose number are not threatened.

To reach the Biden Administration’s goal of “net zero” emissions, 2 million megawatts of wind capacity will be needed. At five bird deaths per megawatt, there would be about 10 million bird deaths a year."

I call my representatives every day and tell them I am against offshore wind, against more tax dollar subsidies for Orsted and against the Net Zero targets set for the state.
Looks like there was representation today. Congressman was down in Manasquan with Fox Business live this morning with a 5:30 minute national segment on the beach regarding the GOA and cinnection to whales deaths.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2411...ibextid=Nif5oz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2023, 06:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
I hear three groups are suing to stop this. Not sure what the legal basis is though. It needs to be stopped by the legislature and executive. Like others said, the issue transcends politics. People need to let the officials know that they won’t support anyone who supports this.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-20-2023, 08:31 AM

158 posts, read 121,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I hear three groups are suing to stop this. Not sure what the legal basis is though. It needs to be stopped by the legislature and executive. Like others said, the issue transcends politics. People need to let the officials know that they won’t support anyone who supports this.
The easiest thing you can do is call your state reps every day.

The office will take your comment and they keep a daily tally of callers yea/or nay on each issue. Leave a message if you can't get through.

I programmed their numbers into my phone contacts.

Gov Murphy - 609-292-6000
Sen Menendez - 202-224-4744
Sen Booker - 202-224-3224

Keep it short, sweet and business professional for example:

"I calling to voice my opposition to the offshore wind farms, more subsidies for Orsted, the state's green energy policies and net zero targets. I cannot support any politician who supports these issues."

You can also email to your state senators and legislators reps here. It's simple to email all of your reps at once which is convenient.

Contacting your county commissions are important too. In addition to Cape May, the Cumberland County commission is coming out in opposition to the wind turbine superhighway.

Offshore wind industrialization will be the most profoundly negative and saddest transformation of the Atlantic coast in the history of the country. All the money in the world won't erase the damage.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJWestWoods View Post
Gotta hand it to them, they succeeded in keeping it quiet. If it weren't for the dead whales and dolphins no one would know. Actually, most people still don't know.

Here's a recent article about the turbines farms in NJ. Offshore Wind Turbines Having Trouble off the Atlantic Coast

Includes a section on bird mortality.

"A study estimated about 250,000 bird deaths a year from wind turbines. With around 50,000 megawatts of installed capacity, there are roughly 5 bird deaths per megawatt per year. While bird mortality from other sources may be much higher, the location and height of wind turbines is especially harmful to birds of prey and other species in peril. Most other bird deaths occur closer to ground but involve common birds whose number are not threatened.

To reach the Biden Administration’s goal of “net zero” emissions, 2 million megawatts of wind capacity will be needed. At five bird deaths per megawatt, there would be about 10 million bird deaths a year."

I call my representatives every day and tell them I am against offshore wind, against more tax dollar subsidies for Orsted and against the Net Zero targets set for the state.
The NJ Audobon society received a $6 million dollar 'anonymous' donation in November which was their largest in history. Just today PSEG gave them $250,000, they need to investigated.

The audobon society is not only about birds but also Horseshoe crabs, which coincidentally they are building on top of and next to the worlds largest reserve which is off the Delaware Bay.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:01 AM

15,448 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The NJ Audobon society received a $6 million dollar 'anonymous' donation in November which was their largest in history. Just today PSEG gave them $250,000, they need to investigated.

The audobon society is not only about birds but also Horseshoe crabs, which coincidentally they are building on top of and next to the worlds largest reserve which is off the Delaware Bay.
Why does PSEG or The Audobon Society need to be investigated?

Old 06-21-2023, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Why does PSEG or The Audobon Society need to be investigated?
The NJ Audobon Society is specifically for the protection of birds and horseshoe crabs. There are the obvious effects of wind turbines killing migrating birds, along with building a wind turbine farm on part of the largest horseshoe spawning crab reserve in the world (Carl N. Shuster Reserve). The NJ Audobon Society attached their name to support and hold a rally for the wind turbines. That's an obvious red flag if I have ever seen one. At the same time the NJ Audobon Society received their largest donation in history, that came in anonymously (which is a rare event in itself), then PSEG announced yesterday that they are giving them 250k which can be considered more another hush money.

The whole situation is off and just a red flag. It's not only the NJ Audobon Society, but many environmental groups in NJ has strangely received a payoff.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:15 PM

5,157 posts, read 3,767,024 times
Wind farms are just another costly failed idea of the green movement. Lame as all hell.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:14 PM

2 more incidents have occurred.

A dolphin stranded itself on the beach alive in Wildwood, NJ yesterday. It died before the rescuers were able to arrive.

There's a live rescue event going on right now in Sewaren, NJ where an 8ft dolphin swam all the way up a creek and is stuck in the mud at the PSEG plant.

Old 06-25-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Wind farms are just another costly failed idea of the green movement. Lame as all hell.
Very lame.

And failing in countries that are further down The Green Dream road than we are.

Sweden is ditching wind and going Nuclear. The Swedish Parliament formally abandoned it's 100% renewables energy target to meet net zero by 2045.

"The decision implicitly acknowledges the low quality of unstable wind and solar and is part of the collapse of confidence in the renewable energy agenda pioneered in the Nordic countries and Germany".

The problem with the green movement is that it elevates ideology above rationality. Glad to see Sweden has come to it's senses.

Last edited by NJWestWoods; 06-25-2023 at 05:13 PM..

Old 06-25-2023, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
2 more incidents have occurred.

A dolphin stranded itself on the beach alive in Wildwood, NJ yesterday. It died before the rescuers were able to arrive.

There's a live rescue event going on right now in Sewaren, NJ where an 8ft dolphin swam all the way up a creek and is stuck in the mud at the PSEG plant.

Another today.

Early report says a Risso dolphin or possibly a pilot whale has washed up alive on Long Beach Island State Park. Was taken to Marine Mammal Stranding Center. Not sure if it survived.

Nothing to see here. Totally normal. Move right along...Don't mind the the dozen wind developer vessels working right off our beaches...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey