Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:34 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times

Advertisements

I wonder if something else didn't go on behind the scenes, and I don't mean as far as you being the seller if you had full disclosure and they still went ahead w/ it. I'm thinking more in the line of mortgage fraud. As you stated, it was liveable but w/ such many problems I can't see a legitimate mortgage lender signing off on such a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 02:58 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Well its funny the home inspector really did not say too much either. I mean we had abestos shingles, pipes, lead pipes, bad old wiring, bad sill in one corner, crack foundation, 25 year old boiler, 20 plus year old roof, main beam was up high were sides of house sunk, floors were springy, lead water main, crappy old pine floors, water in basement damp, lets see thats just the beginning and the home inspector came up with the stove burner did not work HAHA!!! these were very obvious ohh and add cracked beams in the basement too!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 PM

I smell a rat somewhere in that basement then lol

Old 07-13-2008, 06:01 PM

148 posts, read 639,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I know its sounds cold hearted but I am being honest, so I guess I am cold hearted here. But in my defense, I did point out all the problems , they just chose to ignore and like I said it was the best house in Hillsdale at that time for the money. They may just sell it, Hillsdale has a train station and you could walk to it from my old house, plus its a mother daughter so someone with an aging parent would be suited to buy it. However the inspection is going to be rough!! I wish I was notso cold hearted, God will fix me! I better pray tonight.

It may work out for you but you would never take a complete wreck with all the guts of the house bad would you? Its one thing to have an outdated kitchen its another to have the guts of the house bad! Throw in wiring, plumbing, roof and boiler you would say see ya!! Good luck, I will work on my bad qualities I have come far in some ways but have some work to do. Good luck hope you find a great home!!!
oh no, i was not passing judgment. GOOD FOR YOU that you got rid of it and if you were honest about it than i dont see why you should feel guilty. People watch these home improvement shows and believe they can be next person to flip a home and make big cash...you shouldnt feel guilty, you were up front..they however should feel stupid and hopefully have learned a tough lesson

Old 07-14-2008, 06:05 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight114 View Post
oh no, i was not passing judgment. GOOD FOR YOU that you got rid of it and if you were honest about it than i dont see why you should feel guilty. People watch these home improvement shows and believe they can be next person to flip a home and make big cash...you shouldnt feel guilty, you were up front..they however should feel stupid and hopefully have learned a tough lesson
I know you were not passing judgement! ITs kinda true what you said.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:19 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,164,268 times
Similar situation with our old house - we sold in 2006 - right on the edge of when the housing market bubble was about to burst. The couple that bought our house had two mortgages going into it - and we wondered how they were going to afford the mortgage payment, let alone all the utilities. So we were saddened, but not surprised, to find the house on the market 11 months later. I think it is up for short sale now. You drive by the house, and it is just... desolate. It's sad.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 PM

328 posts, read 1,049,753 times
[SIZE=3]I sold a townhome in montgomery 3 years ago. The new owner planned to rent it out (he own a single family home nearby). Since he only put 10% down, I couldn’t understand how this guy thought he could rent it out when there were rental townhomes nearby that were cheaper than his mortgage. Anyway, he did manage to rent it out… then the renters fled and the there is a big sign on the property from the township exclaiming that it’s been vacated and abandoned. I have no idea what happened. My old neighbor said she stopped seeing the renters and she never sees the owner come by. I assume the owner is no longer in the picture!!![/SIZE]

Old 07-14-2008, 03:28 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
You know, this is typical of what caused the market to go so ridiculously high around here... greed and stupidity. Greed on the part of the sellers ... I remember people who bought in 1965 for $25,000 in my neighborhood handing on because they wanted $495k for their home. Freaking unbelievable. But then there were people dumb enough to PAY for them too. That would be the stupid folks. Personally, I don't think being GREEDY or STUPID is anything to be proud of.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 PM

And now Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac are in trouble and may need bailout. IndyMac has gone bust and the feds just tighten the rules for mortgage lending. So for those who bought thinking of making a quick buck after owning a home after a year or 2, listen up! it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:58 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
And now Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac are in trouble and may need bailout. IndyMac has gone bust and the feds just tighten the rules for mortgage lending. So for those who bought thinking of making a quick buck after owning a home after a year or 2, listen up! it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Fannie and Freddie are ok...government is going to help them out...or rather WE are going to help them out! How about helping the lendees out for a change? Screw the mortgage companies...they were dumb enough to approve the loans - let them suffer! Now..dumb question - what exactly is PMI? And to who's benefit is it by having it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey