Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 06:36 PM

25 posts, read 146,492 times

Advertisements

Where is there a great, safe, apartment community that is within steps of 24/7 new york city nj transit buses or trains in NJ? i live in fort lee but i am definitely looking for something with a shorter commute, or a train...Its very hard to deal with not knowing if it's going to take you 1 hr or 2 hours to get to NYC from your home. My current bus route the 159 is pretty terrible in my opinion. I need something easier. let me know thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 PM

792 posts, read 3,136,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeeGuy01 View Post
Where is there a great, safe, apartment community that is within steps of 24/7 new york city nj transit buses or trains in NJ? i live in fort lee but i am definitely looking for something with a shorter commute, or a train...Its very hard to deal with not knowing if it's going to take you 1 hr or 2 hours to get to NYC from your home. My current bus route the 159 is pretty terrible in my opinion. I need something easier. let me know thanks!!!
All depends where you are heading into NYC - Penn Station or downtown WTC/WFD. Generally a few towns w/great service that come to mind are Rutherford, Ridgewood, and Summit.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 PM

338 posts, read 613,353 times
River Edge.

Where I live it's 2 min walking to the train and 10 sec to the bus

Old 09-10-2008, 07:13 PM

25 posts, read 146,492 times
Trying to get to midtown west from NJ...Under an hour with very reliable all day / all night service.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 PM

792 posts, read 3,136,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeeGuy01 View Post
Trying to get to midtown west from NJ...Under an hour with very reliable all day / all night service.
Summit would be a 1 seat ride into NYC (i.e. one train), Rutherford and Ridgewood a 2 seat ride (i.e. change trains at Secaucus). Rutherford would be quicker than Ridgewood and maybe under an hour. Ridgewood would have many more trains than Rutherford. I think the trains don't run between 2 & 5 am.

I think Summit may be similar timewise with Rutherford and have as many trains (or more) vs. Ridgewood. You'd have to check the NJT website for comparisons. Summit and Ridgewood are "high scale" localities (i.e. money towns).

Old 09-11-2008, 11:06 AM

138 posts, read 610,375 times
Really, the only places with 24/7 access are Hoboken, Jersey City, Newark, & Harrison, via the Path train. NJ Transit trains do not run late nights (after about 2 AM). All of these are urban areas, with varying degrees of safety & gentrification. I believe there was a thread on here recently that said Union City also offered some 24/7 transportation options, but I don't know much about that so will leave for someone else!

Old 09-14-2008, 06:04 AM

835 posts, read 1,179,900 times
Newark! Cory Booker is doing a good job cleaning up the business areas of Newark... outside that area... uhhh not so nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey