Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 12:36 PM

23 posts, read 127,788 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I found a 600SF one bedroom apartment in 25 st in Union City and I wonder if this is a good investment;

I have been in the are a few times already and the commute is super quick, - it's only a 3 blocks from the bus stop, - it's a condo and there are - good potential to become "the new Hoboken"

some people say the area is not completely safe (doesn't matter, where is it safe today?).... and it's populated by illegal immigrants;( I dont mind this either, I traveled a lot in hispanic countries and I felt confortable)

I need some advice;

The other option I have in mind is a 1bed coop in Bensonhurst at same SFootage and same sale price, 3 blocks from subway also but 45 minute of commute;

thank you for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 12:43 PM

526 posts, read 1,391,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullio07 View Post
Hi,

I found a 600SF one bedroom apartment in 25 st in Union City and I wonder if this is a good investment;

I have been in the are a few times already and the commute is super quick, - it's only a 3 blocks from the bus stop, - it's a condo and there are - good potential to become "the new Hoboken"

some people say the area is not completely safe (doesn't matter, where is it safe today?).... and it's populated by illegal immigrants;( I dont mind this either, I traveled a lot in hispanic countries and I felt confortable)

I need some advice;

The other option I have in mind is a 1bed coop in Bensonhurst at same SFootage and same sale price, 3 blocks from subway also but 45 minute of commute;

thank you for your time
Best advice would be for you to contact a good REALTOR who knows that area well and works it hard on both the sales and investment sides of things.

Despite what many on this forum think, in every town there will be a few REALTORS who know exactly what is going on, and what is likly a good buy for the long run and what is not such a good buy.

That is why many successful REALTORS are also real estate investors. I have done it in the past, because I know my markets well, and when I see a really good deal I jump on it if I am in a good possition to do so. If I am not in such a good possition, I call my favorite investor and bring him over. If he cannot take it, then my second favorite investor gets the call. You know who never gets the call though, the investors who call and want me to watch for investments for them, but they will not commit to working with me exclusively for properties in my area.

James Boyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey