Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 02:38 PM

22 posts, read 133,615 times

Advertisements

Which one will be be a better choice to buy a Condo? neiborhood, taxes etc...

regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 02:50 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,099,707 times
They are both nice complexes but realistically it will probably come down to the part of Edison you want to live in. Personally I like the Society Hill area better because of it's prime Route 1 Location but that is just me. I was never a Route 27 fan. Out of the two complexes, Woodhaven is harder to get into because of the price range and lack of inventory. The units there tend to start at $250K and since October 2007, only four have been listed and nothing has closed. I am not sure if it is smaller or people just do not sell that often there. Edison Glen on the other had has had more that 25 units both on the market and closed. Either way you will be happy because both complexes are nice, it just depends on where you want to live in Edison.

GOOD LUCK

Old 10-03-2008, 10:38 AM

26 posts, read 128,136 times
I know a parent whose child going to Rutgers Univ, mostly Livingston campus and bought a 2br condo at Woodhaven, it is closer and can also walk to Edison Train Station, when they fly over from out of state, they can just arrive Newark Intl Airpot and take NJ Transit to Edison Train Station and walk over. They can also walk to Asian Food Center easily and Edison Library. There are also NJ Transit bus can go to Middlesex Mall and Menlo Park Mall. They seemed to be happy there. Price may be a bit higher because it has fireplace ...etc, say, between mid $200k to $300k depends on the condition. Moderator cut: hi ehs1 .[LEFT][/LEFT]

Another one I know whose child major in music at Rutgers Univ and mostly in Dauglas campus, and they bought it at Edison Glen since along Rt 1, all the way pass the bridge to Rt 18 would be the campus, but Edison Glen will be closer to Metuchen Train Station. They will go to Kam Man Asian Food Market and BJ's nearby. Edison Glen may be better price around mid $200k. Moderator cut: hi ehs1

I myself more opt for Society Hill at Piscataway because it is closer to Rutgers Busch campus, or University Heights at Piscataway that is right next to Livingston campus and can walk over like living in the dorm. I have not seen them, but will probably go this coming weekend ... Rutgers got 1,000 extra new students accept its admission, so I am afraid my child may have a housing problem in the next years to go.

In fact, I know another student's parent from Taiwan also looking to buy at Society Hill Piscataway because his daughter going to Rutgers Univ and his son going to Piscataway High School, he said his son also going to go to Rutgers Univ and he does not want to pay rent for his children for so many years to come.

Another parent from Taiwan too, she already bought a 2br 2hba townhouse at Society Hill at Piscataway. But, this is only from Rutgers parents' view.
[LEFT][/LEFT]

Last edited by tahiti; 10-14-2008 at 05:55 AM..

Old 10-03-2008, 01:30 PM

138 posts, read 610,796 times
My boyfriend rented in Edison Glen Terrace - he moved out in June when we bought a house. We were NOT fans. The management is crazy. For instance, he got a letter from them because he had too many Edison Glen parking stickers on his car - he added new ones when the old ones expired - but apparently they have enough time on their hands that this is a problem? Also maintenance had ridiculous hours, like 9 AM to 2 PM on Mondays & Wednesdays only. The walls are thin and the entryways are not well cared for. And not sure if it matters to you, but no pets allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey