Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 03:07 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times

Advertisements

St. John Vianney's is right down the road from you.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 04:25 AM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I live in North West Morris County, area called Lake Stockholm, in Sweden opps I mean Jefferson Township. I have a beautiful Mountain View, nice lake and its nice here. Now not my first choice but brand new house, and taxes are great. A little far for you to travel but I am sure if you tell me what your looking for in a town I can direct you to the perfect nirvana within driving or train range to your job. I have now travelled most of NJ and have found a whole new world outside the Adirondacks and Bergen crowded expensive county!!! I do have quality of life now.
I work in JErsey City so for now it would have to be in driving distance. I don't make tons of money because I teach so that right there is a bit limiting and husband is unemployed, but hopefully not for so long.

We're just looking for a place with some space, a place to park our car, not super high taxes, about an hour away from NYC, close to shopping, outdoor recreation and maybe even good schools in the area.

I was along route 22 the other day out in Branchburg and that part seemed nice and quiet and not too far, but I don't know.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:14 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I work in JErsey City so for now it would have to be in driving distance. I don't make tons of money because I teach so that right there is a bit limiting and husband is unemployed, but hopefully not for so long.

We're just looking for a place with some space, a place to park our car, not super high taxes, about an hour away from NYC, close to shopping, outdoor recreation and maybe even good schools in the area.

I was along route 22 the other day out in Branchburg and that part seemed nice and quiet and not too far, but I don't know.
you know I looked at the map and my recommendation would be to drive off 280 area past South Orange and hit route 10. What comes to mind for me it Montville the sections of Towaco and Pinebrook. I also think you might be happy off the route 10 area. I just would not go too far out because your going to trade space and fresh air for agravation and sitting in traffic which can made someone just as pissed off. I just drove by Pine Brook and Towaco and I liked it along. Its very close to 280 and 287 which both bring you to Jersey City. Its not super expensive lets say as some areas however has a country feel, hills in Montville and its nice. If your a rent and paying a lot I would definately take a nice drive off 280 to route 10 and check it out. Google maps will get you right there and you can look at the map. This area is hilly, and not like a South Orange its good choice and not too bad of a drive. I find route 22 corridor nice but either loaded or suburban however I never went to branchburg. I am sure if you made this a separate post and told this group what your really looking for they will have some great ideas. But check out my idea!!! You know I just did a drive over to Rutherford and by Montclair and loop to Paramus and Ramsey. I hate it there, its so industrial the first two kind of those highway around Rutherford and so over over packed in the Ramsey Bergen area. I just cant take it either and its not money its the whole damn scene. I get very angry in that type of environment.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:00 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,559 times
Hello Stevemorse
L-o-v-e-d your story, thanks for sharing, welcome back to NJ!
I too always believed hubby and I, would be happy in a little cabin in the woods, but after my husband decided to leave his job, and become a writer, I had second thoughts.
The title of his latest literary effort, "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy"

Regards
Sligo

Old 12-01-2008, 05:32 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligogirl View Post
The title of his latest literary effort, "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Torrance View Post
Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.

I love that movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey