Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM

39 posts, read 371,711 times

Advertisements

How is the Clara Maass maternity center in Belleville? I believe it is also a part of Saint Barnabas Hospital.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowyorkwillows View Post
Hi,
I recently moved from NYC to Downtown Jersey City, and since I just gt pregnant need a good OB-GYN in downtown JC.
Who can give a good referral?
If you haven't found anyone yet, try positng on the HobokenMoms Yahoo group. There are many JC moms on that list.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:15 PM

14 posts, read 160,776 times
I've been to Dr. Amtul Khaleq's office. She is caring and very helpful. When I had an appt for an ultrasound at Meadowland's hospital, she voluntarily called them to tell them to take me in early (since I had 2 return to work).

However, I found some of her advice to be medically outdated and more "traditional" .. she told me not to excercise even the slightest during my pregnancy (this is during the 1st month) .. which sorta made no sense as there was no threat or health info about the baby available yet.

Her office isn't the nicest looking either, but 5/5 for kindness.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,787 times
Default midwife

hi,

i found a great midwife who has offices in Caldwell NJ as well as NYC. Linda Perry - Complete Woman Midwifery ~~ Now Offering ~~ Homebirth, Waterbirth and Well-woman Services ~~ Diagnostic Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging Services ~~. My husband and I met with her and decided to do a home birth if the pregnancy remains a low risk pregnancy. If you're interested in a good midwife I recommend you meet with her and check her out yourself.

I'll check out the hospital one of you recommended in Livingston as a backup, but has anyone any information about the new hospital on Grand Street and Jersey Avenue?

thanks,
D

Old 01-07-2008, 12:56 PM

7 posts, read 27,196 times
Hi, I am also looking for a OBGYN in Jersey City, did you find any? Please recommend someone to me. Thanks!

Faye S

Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,347 times
I've heard some good things about Lily Gonzalez. Her address is 359 Grove St, Jersey City, New Jersey. She also has an office in Hoboken.

There's definitely a shortage of good obgyn in the Jersey City/Hoboken area!

Let me know if you guys like her, I haven't tried yet since I'm not in need of that medical service.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 PM

828 posts, read 3,138,651 times
I must be bored, how did I get into this thread...

Anyway:

Dr Robert Rubino
101 Old Short Hills Rd Ste 410
Rubino Ob/gyn Group
West Orange, NJ
or

Dr Richard Marki
744 Broadway
Bayonne, NJ
210 858 1585

They used to be partners. My wife was taken care of by both...and both are excellent, IMO.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:00 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
I must be bored, how did I get into this thread...

Anyway:

Dr Robert Rubino
101 Old Short Hills Rd Ste 410
Rubino Ob/gyn Group
West Orange, NJ
or

Dr Richard Marki
744 Broadway
Bayonne, NJ
210 858 1585

They used to be partners. My wife was taken care of by both...and both are excellent, IMO.

Always good to have a man's opinion....especially where OB/GYN's are concerned LOL!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:04 PM

828 posts, read 3,138,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Always good to have a man's opinion....especially where OB/GYN's are concerned LOL!!!!
I knew there was going to be one wise guy in the bunch!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM

30 posts, read 99,265 times
You can try Dr. Magpantay in hoboken. Not the nicest office, but she is a great Dr. Also always readily available for questions/concerns. She delivered my son out of Meadowlands hospital. What I like most about that hospital are the private rooms!! After you have a baby, you don't want to be sharing a room with a stranger AND all of their guests!!! That's such a personal time, you're recovering, getting to know your baby, breast feeding, ect. All of the rooms at Meadowlands are private & it's one of the better hospitals in Hudson Co. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey