Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:53 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,988 times

Advertisements

So true...I graduated from Marlboro High some time ago..My parents/siblings still live in this trash town.. All of them are stuck of just like the rest. I moved out years ago...

Original Poster hit it dead on...Move out...Dont turn into those snobs that think a 'community pool' is for the poor...or driving around a older car is a sign of weakness.

Screw all those people. Let them live in their misery..

Last edited by BobKovacs; 02-07-2009 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 06:47 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
So true...I graduated from Marlboro High some time ago..My parents/siblings still live in this trash town.. All of them are stuck of just like the rest. I moved out years ago...

Original Poster hit it dead on...Move out...Dont turn into those snobs that think a 'community pool' is for the poor...or driving around a older car is a sign of weakness.

Screw all those people. Let them live in their misery..
Yep, they moved from Brooklyn and all of a sudden their crap doesn't stink.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 PM

517 posts, read 1,806,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnj View Post
When I was a senior in college I interviewed for an elementary teaching job in Marlboro. The guy interviewing me said upfront that when there are issues with students/parents, the admin. sides with parents over teachers. Turned me off right away. When they called for the second interview, I didn't go back. I'll take my urban bunch over some spoiled-brat any day.
I can't blame you. My principal sides with her teachers- depending on the situation of course. They don't like to make waves either way.

I wouldn't work in a place like that either. I live near Marlboro and see what the person posting is talking about. Wouldn've want to live there either.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:14 PM

538 posts, read 2,458,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Don't leave. The second all the normal people leave N.J. the quicker we will become like California. Your mostly likely going to find much of the same, wherever you go anyway. There are also many wealthy folks leaving the area to, heading to the same place you are. The thing is, these wealthy pricks are not only snobs, but snobs who don't like diversity around them (economic, ethnic etc...). i.e. Doylestown PA, Cornelius NC, Franklin TN, Holly Springs NC, and other such Valhallas'......

Doylestown, PA is nothing like Marlboro. Is Doylestown rich? Yes. Marlboro is like no other place I've ever been. I lived in the area for a little over a year and counted down the days to leave. The vast majority of the people there are shallow, vapid, and parasitic. They sue others to maintain their empty lifestyle. They move there from NY and think they live in the country, surrounded by hundreds of McMansions on every square inch of the town. Marlboro is a soulless, snob-filled enclave that caters only to a certain type of person, and I'm happy to say that isn't me.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Don't leave. The second all the normal people leave N.J. the quicker we will become like California. Your mostly likely going to find much of the same, wherever you go anyway. There are also many wealthy folks leaving the area to, heading to the same place you are. The thing is, these wealthy pricks are not only snobs, but snobs who don't like diversity around them (economic, ethnic etc...). i.e. Doylestown PA, Cornelius NC, Franklin TN, Holly Springs NC, and other such Valhallas'......
Franklin, TN is not at all like Marlboro. I got a good laugh on this one. Its also has some diversity which Marboro does not. Yes, its home to a few country stars, but they are usually, down to earth. It has a Cute Town, Marlboro does not. Houses in Franklin start in the $200,000 and go to the millions. That alone demonstates that its not all rich.
Franklin, Tennessee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
note-this lists Carry Underwood as living in Franklin, she doesn't, she lives in Brentwood, on the next block from a friend, in a gated community.

Diane G

Old 02-08-2009, 09:56 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Franklin, TN is not at all like Marlboro. I got a good laugh on this one. Its also has some diversity which Marboro does not. Yes, its home to a few country stars, but they are usually, down to earth. It has a Cute Town, Marlboro does not. Houses in Franklin start in the $200,000 and go to the millions. That alone demonstates that its not all rich.
Franklin, Tennessee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
note-this lists Carry Underwood as living in Franklin, she doesn't, she lives in Brentwood, on the next block from a friend, in a gated community.

Diane G
Maybe you misunderstood. I was talking about the snobby people from NJ and the fact they are leaving and where they are going. I happened to buy my house from such a family who moved to Franklin, TN.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 PM

249 posts, read 754,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
^^^

come on man are you serious?

they said that to you
They sure did. And I'm glad they said it too. I wouldn't want to work in a place where kids know that no matter how they act and what they do, mommy and daddy will be there to get them out of trouble.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 AM

687 posts, read 3,252,140 times
Hmmmm... I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent.

We've been here for eight months or so, and I've found the majority of people I've met quite pleasant. Sure, there are some of the Marlboro charicatures as described in some of the previous posts, but I've found those types easy to ignore. IMO, if you expect to find a given type of person in any given town, you'll probably find it. And those who come to Marlboro looking for vapid snobs from Brooklyn will probably find them.

OP, you are not alone in disliking your hometown. I taught at Sayreville High School for five years, hardly a bastion of snobbery, and all the kids there thought Sayreville sucked. I grew up in a small town in Ohio, and my friends and I thought it sucked, too. Rest assured, I'm sure once you're out of high school, you'll find a place to live that you like.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:14 AM
yCf

106 posts, read 533,459 times
i just moved into Manalapan for 6 months... are people from Manalapan grouped into Marlboro also?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,164,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yCf View Post
i just moved into Manalapan for 6 months... are people from Manalapan grouped into Marlboro also?
I don't know - I haven't moved in yet, but so far, everyone that I've met from Manalapan has been extremely pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey