Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 05:04 PM

16 posts, read 284,122 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We just moved to an apt. in Scotch Plains (bordering Westfield/Clark), can anyone recommend a good day care center for a 3-year-old around this area?

We noticed that there is Clark KinderCare center, which is pretty close to us. Has anyone had any experience with this day care center? How is it?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,672 times
Hi and welcome to the area. i lived in Cranford for 8 years and it's so nice there.

If you aren't too far from Rainbow Academy in Cranford, they are wonderful. I worked in one of their other centers for years and it's completely dedicated to their families. They have a great curriculum w/ fun hands-on learning. Also you would be able to watch your child from home or work via the internet and their secure Parentwatch.

I'm also pretty sure that they have a very active parents' association which could be helpful for you as a new to the area parent.

You can do a virtual tour on Rainbow Academy – A Family of Child Care Centers

Again enjoy the area. The Garlic Rose Bistro on North Avenue has delicious food that I really miss.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,927 times
I've heard great things about Rainbow Academy as tandcookies mentioned.

My daughter went to a Kindercare in Kenilworth when she was an infant. I liked the program and the school but it was very expensive.

Now she goes to the YMCA in Union. I'm very happy there and it's $300 less than Kindercare.

Good luck.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 AM

16 posts, read 284,122 times
Tandcookies & hrjersey,

Thanks a lot for the information! We definitely will go to try the delicious food at the Garlic Rose Bistro.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM

273 posts, read 684,769 times
Kindercare is good you can also check out Noahs Ark in Westfield they are good as well.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhes View Post
Hi,

We just moved to an apt. in Scotch Plains (bordering Westfield/Clark), can anyone recommend a good day care center for a 3-year-old around this area?

We noticed that there is Clark KinderCare center, which is pretty close to us. Has anyone had any experience with this day care center? How is it?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
The KinderCare in Clark is wonderful, and you can't put a price on peace of mind and security...it's corporate managed and overseen! Not to mention that the director Marilyn is wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey