Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM

14 posts, read 26,299 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am an international student. I have decided to pursue MBA program in USA.
I have got admitted from Rutgers-Camden, University of Missouri Saint-Louis, and University of Tampa.. I want to major in Finance field.
I would also like to know from your experience, Is Rutgers Camden as efficient as Newark or NB?
I need your guidance regarding the U selection. I am looking for a B-school where I can get quality education and exposures as an MBA student.
Thanking you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 03:39 PM

59 posts, read 399,619 times
I would go with Rutgers, NJ as it is very close to NYC (hub for the Financial industry), so better job prospects. I think the New Brunswick/Newark campuses maybe better than Camden for Finance major but I am not certain. Most people I know studied at New Brunswick/Newark.

Have no knowledge of the other univs though.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:34 PM

989 posts, read 1,876,459 times
There is an excellent MBA program at the Rutgers campus in Newark, and you're not too far from NYC where all of the major financial institutions reside.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 AM

Well thanx Friends.. However I am confuse regarding the Status of MBA program BTWN Newark/NB & Camden..In the USNEWS the MBA prgrm Newark nd NB is ranked in the top 60 U list...HOw ever Rutgers-Camden stands nowhere...Nd also studetns of RG-Camden agrees that MBA at Camden is quite different frm Newark...Nd Also need ur advise dat is it advisable to investing for such high Tution fees arnd $60k in this economy, wer der is no placement gaurantee..?..Or else I have considered options like UT nd UMSl..R they also good University.?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 AM

297 posts, read 505,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardik View Post
Well thanx Friends.. However I am confuse regarding the Status of MBA program BTWN Newark/NB & Camden..In the USNEWS the MBA prgrm Newark nd NB is ranked in the top 60 U list...HOw ever Rutgers-Camden stands nowhere...Nd also studetns of RG-Camden agrees that MBA at Camden is quite different frm Newark...Nd Also need ur advise dat is it advisable to investing for such high Tution fees arnd $60k in this economy, wer der is no placement gaurantee..?..Or else I have considered options like UT nd UMSl..R they also good University.?
Even in this economy the unemployment rate for those with an MBA is probably 4% or lower. However, a lot of those unemployed with graduate degrees studied finance and worked in manhattan. I'd say it is a worthwhile investment. remember, this is a lifelong benefit and the economy will eventually come back. Obama can't be in office forever.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:20 PM

Thank you mattjd . Besides I also asked a quarry regardin the status of Rutgers-Camden...According to you, Which U will be best to choose, considering the all the factors.?. My area of interest is MBA in finance.

Thanx..

Old 05-31-2009, 07:34 PM

5 posts, read 22,262 times
i dont think you can even do the MBA program in ru-camden?? i think their mbas are just i newark and NB. both areas are better anyway as the professors are all around those areas. camden is also not very safe, you are "safer" in newark.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:29 PM

297 posts, read 505,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardik View Post
Thank you mattjd . Besides I also asked a quarry regardin the status of Rutgers-Camden...According to you, Which U will be best to choose, considering the all the factors.?. My area of interest is MBA in finance.

Thanx..
I don't know much about Rutgers-Camden as I'm from North Jersey. I really didn't even know they had a campus there. Rutgers-Newark seems to be an ok school. It's a big commuter school though. I believe your diploma will just say Rutgers on it and not mention which campus you went to, so take that into consideration. I think Rutgers-Newark will be fine for you. Have you looked into other schools in the area at all? Seton Hall is close and I know several people that went to their business school and law school.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 PM

Well I have got Admitted from Rutgers-Camden...Nd I have only three choices, Rutgers-Camden, UT and UMSL..

Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 PM

197 posts, read 530,037 times
Can you afford to pay for your tuition? If you have to borrow heavily to pay for your education, then these schools are not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey