Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 AM

364 posts, read 826,657 times

Advertisements

Recovery soon? For average Joe there is no recovery when it's near impossible to find a job. Look at the stock market, it's becoming more like gambler, not much fundamentals. Fed can't buy growth/recovery by printing money. What do you think?

U.S. home foreclosures set another record in July - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-home-foreclosures-set-rb-248088745.html?x=0&.v=2 - broken link)

July retail sales fall despite cash for clunkers - MarketWatch

Initial jobless claims rise 4,000 to 558,000 - MarketWatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 07:24 AM

744 posts, read 1,406,542 times
If printing money can't magically fix everything we are screwed, since that's the only damn thing they are doing...

Old 08-13-2009, 07:47 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
You know whats amazing. I went in to look at a car for the cash for clunkers program. Sitting in the next booth over were a husband and wife. They were buying a new car under this program. Guess what, their house was being foreclosed on, and Toyota was selling them a new car because they qualified for the cash for clunkers. I only wonder how long before they send the repo man out to get the Toyota back. Many people in this country need their brains examined. You can't buy cars and houses that you can't afford JUST because the banks and car companies will give you a loan. They should be flogged and waterboarded in public.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
You know whats amazing. I went in to look at a car for the cash for clunkers program. Sitting in the next booth over were a husband and wife. They were buying a new car under this program. Guess what, their house was being foreclosed on, and Toyota was selling them a new car because they qualified for the cash for clunkers. I only wonder how long before they send the repo man out to get the Toyota back. Many people in this country need their brains examined. You can't buy cars and houses that you can't afford JUST because the banks and car companies will give you a loan. They should be flogged and waterboarded in public.
And whoever drives a clunker (for 2 yrs or so) should be in market for another used better car..not for a brand new car.

You don't jump into fire just because someone gives you some money. Do you? We have a long way to go to clean up this country.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:05 AM

238 posts, read 729,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey man View Post
they should be flogged and waterboarded in public.

lmao....!!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:13 AM

1,552 posts, read 4,634,376 times
Green shoots! Cash for Clunkers! Cash for Crapshacks! Run those printing presses! What could go wrong?

Buy now or be priced out forever.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:54 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,919,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
And whoever drives a clunker (for 2 yrs or so) should be in market for another used better car..not for a brand new car.

You don't jump into fire just because someone gives you some money. Do you? We have a long way to go to clean up this country.
Ha, the funny thing is that "clunkers" is a misleading term. I believe my Mom's SUV actually qualifies under the program, but it's not old, has very low mileage (she commutes a whole 4 miles to work) and is working perfectly. She briefly thought about getting a new car before asking herself "wait, I already have a perfectly good car, why get a new one?"

The problem is that many people don't bother asking themselves that question. My Mom is someone who could easily buy just about any car on a given lot, but won't, yet someone in foreclosure is deciding to get a new car just because they can. Ugh.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Ha, the funny thing is that "clunkers" is a misleading term. I believe my Mom's SUV actually qualifies under the program, but it's not old, has very low mileage (she commutes a whole 4 miles to work) and is working perfectly. She briefly thought about getting a new car before asking herself "wait, I already have a perfectly good car, why get a new one?"

The problem is that many people don't bother asking themselves that question. My Mom is someone who could easily buy just about any car on a given lot, but won't, yet someone in foreclosure is deciding to get a new car just because they can. Ugh.
Your mom is minority. A lot of people don't think that logically/conservatively.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post

My car is considered a clunker, but it's nissan and only has 125k, I think that "clunker" term is very stupid and the fuel mileage between 90s cars and 00s cars aren't that much different. It's just a way to condition our mind toward the environment as if we're some parasites who should be ashamed. 3,500 is only enough to buy a real clunker or trick people into thinking they can afford a 32,000 dollar car just because they save a whooping 3,500

On topic OF COURSE RETAIL IS GOING DOWN! How many average people do u see with extra money to shop these days? Obama is deceiving and a puppet ***** colored man and the end of America as we know it.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:36 AM

15 posts, read 34,460 times
I don't know but it seems that BIG companies get incentive to screw honest and hard working people out of their money. And in fact, people need to stop and think before go out spend money these days. Spending more that you don't have is not going to make economy better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: