Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tceffo View Post
Im 52 yrs old ,so you can see Im not a new 90,s fan- - Its been a great year and although the Redsox being knocked out makes me happy - the Angels can be a pain in the axx

I want to hear a lot of >> It is high , it is far , it is gone !!!!- An A-Bomb from A-rod- - or El Capiton !!- - or Georgie juiced one !!!- - -Yankees win,, Theeeeeee ,yankeeeeees win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sure every city has thier homer- but John Sterling is too much... some times I leave on the radio and turn off the sound on the TV.
Good idea...the guys on TBS suck....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Good idea...the guys on TBS suck....
TBS was awful. I turned the sound down and listened to John and Suzyn. I'll do the same thing when the games are on Fox -- I can't stand listening to Buck and McCarver.

I'm sure you fans who are of a certain age (as I am) remember the days when a local broadcaster would be brought in to do play-by-play or color commentary on the national broadcasts. TBS and Fox should both go back to that practice (at least TBS gave the Red Sox fans a Sawx broadcaster on the Red Sox/Angels broadcasts -- we got to listen to Ron Darling and Skip Caray).

Old 10-12-2009, 01:54 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Add me to the list that thought TBS was terrible.....who has the next series?

Edit: OK I see it's Fox. Better.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:30 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post

A little better -- but the commercial breaks will last forever, and I'll still be listening to the radio (now, if I could get the radio audio onto the videotape, I'd be a very happy camper). If we're lucky, we'll have a different announce team than Buck/McCarver -- they drive me nuts.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:13 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
who cares? some guys you dont know hit a ball with a bat, run around some bases and it makes you happy? ill continue praying here and everywhere for them to not get in. i dont need to make a trip out to the bronx to fall asleep watching the most boring sport out there.

Not to mention there are 50,000,000,000 other places on the net to discuss this crap.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:41 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tceffo View Post
I want to hear a lot of >> It is high , it is far , it is gone !!!!- An A-Bomb from A-rod- - or El Capiton !!- - or Georgie juiced one !!!- - -Yankees win,, Theeeeeee ,yankeeeeees win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sure every city has thier homer- but John Sterling is too much... some times I leave on the radio and turn off the sound on the TV.
John Sterling needs to get laryngitis and Susan Waldman could use a smack.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:

I never thought I would actually wish Joe Buck was doing a game. TBS made me want to

BTW, FOX has the WS also. The mute button can be a great friend.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:

The National League will be on TBS and the American League will be on Fox.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Until baseball has a salary cap, any victory by the Yankees is a hollow one. Just my .02.

When you have a population where baseball interest is more feverish, such as Boston or NY, you will have sustained years of excellence. There are really no down years. In contrast, places like Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, there is really no chance for these teams at the beginning of a season. Every once in a while, a team like the Marlins or Tampa will have a one year run, then will be knocked back down. Why? Because the Yankees, Mets and Red Sox can afford to pay free agents from these teams off of big seasons. For the most recent proof, look at that guy in Milwaukee, Sabathia (sp?).

A salary cap is needed to nullify the disproportionate fan interest that exists in the northeast corridor of the country to make the sport more interesting on a national basis, IMO.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Until baseball has a salary cap, any victory by the Yankees is a hollow one. Just my .02.

When you have a population where baseball interest is more feverish, such as Boston or NY, you will have sustained years of excellence. There are really no down years. In contrast, places like Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, there is really no chance for these teams at the beginning of a season. Every once in a while, a team like the Marlins or Tampa will have a one year run, then will be knocked back down. Why? Because the Yankees, Mets and Red Sox can afford to pay free agents from these teams off of big seasons. For the most recent proof, look at that guy in Milwaukee, Sabathia (sp?).

A salary cap is needed to nullify the disproportionate fan interest that exists in the northeast corridor of the country to make the sport more interesting on a national basis, IMO.
Debbie Downer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey