Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:36 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,952,205 times

Advertisements

I believe you were ok with changing agents until agent 2 showed you the same house agent 1 showed you. Legally I'm not sure what happens but I'd say agent 1 will get something out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 PM

50 posts, read 133,445 times
mumra Agent #2 usually sends me a list of the houses and I decide which ones to see, but this one he added at the last minute
todd72173 I will inform agent 2 and see what does he suggest.
FlyersFan I don't mind agent #1 getting some commission, just not all of it, since she refused to do her job.
hrjersey You completely got my point. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I believe you were ok with changing agents until agent 2 showed you the same house agent 1 showed you. Legally I'm not sure what happens but I'd say agent 1 will get something out of it.
If Agent #1 gets something is fare and cool, all of it, it is not!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,276,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSJOS View Post

If Agent #1 gets something is fare and cool, all of it, it is not!
If agent #2 was never involved, and you ended up getting "the house", would you still try to argue that agent #1 should only be paid half ?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
If agent #2 was never involved, and you ended up getting "the house", would you still try to argue that agent #1 should only be paid half ?
If agent #2 would not have gotten involved I would probably not be buying the house since I would not buy a house unless I am absolutely sure that is the house I want. And the only reason I decided to go for it is because I was finally able to compare it to the rest of the houses in the market. I would have never bought the house just because Agent #1 decided that was the one.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 PM

Following up on this issue. We ended up buying "The House" with agent #2 and we didn't have to compensate agent #1 as previously suggested by someone. We bought "The House" after seeing like 30 additional houses with agent #2 and finally were a 100% sure we wanted "The House" and were extremely satisfied with the Agent #2. This was a happy ending.

PD: Our lawyer said that it would be almost impossible for Agent #1 to prove she was the first to show us the house. That it was mostly an ethical issue, but since Agent #1 wasn't acting to our best interest, we should go with the broker we felt most comfortable with.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 29,902 times
I hope Agent 1 monitors this site. You may have made it easier for them to prove...

Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Thanks for posting an update, I appreciate when people do that!

I don't think you did anything wrong. If you were at a car dealership and didn't like your salesperson, you would be well within your rights to request another and buy a car from the one you liked even if the other guy showed it to you first. I don't think this is very different. You are the customer and should be able to choose who you give your own money to. You didn't trust that agent to have your best interests at heart and IMO you didn't need to feel obligated to her.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNewJerseyBuyer View Post
I hope Agent 1 monitors this site. You may have made it easier for them to prove...
Agent #1 Knows. Got upset but there was/is nothing she could do about it. At the end I think she understood that she was not being very professional and didn't deserve our loyalty.

ocnjgirl, You completely understand my feeling of frustration with agent #1. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey