Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 03:50 PM

28 posts, read 50,200 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of you are fluent in Real Estate, and I'm wondering if there is a specific Buyer's agency in the Edison area?
I have my license on referral, and am considering going back to active, but I didn't think that buyer's agents were too popular (or even legal,) in NJ ? I was not too great at listing, but I can actually sell pretty well, and enjoyed working with buyers.
The last time I was an active agent, mostly all the agents were dual-disclosed, and I remember reading about buyer's agents being used a lot in Florida.
Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,104,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyviola View Post
I know a lot of you are fluent in Real Estate, and I'm wondering if there is a specific Buyer's agency in the Edison area?
I have my license on referral, and am considering going back to active, but I didn't think that buyer's agents were too popular (or even legal,) in NJ ? I was not too great at listing, but I can actually sell pretty well, and enjoyed working with buyers.
The last time I was an active agent, mostly all the agents were dual-disclosed, and I remember reading about buyer's agents being used a lot in Florida.
Thanks for the info!
It is very rare to find an agent that is solely one or the other in this economy to be honest. Yes there are many agents that prefer one or the other but truly I do not know many that would walk away from the opposite that they prefer.

As for offices, there are no buyers agent specific offices. You can choose to hang your license at local offices in the area if you desire. The costs differ greatly from office to office. In Edison/Metuchen/East Brunswick you have PLENTLY of offices to choose from, with all the major brands represented.

Best of luck!

Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,957,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyviola View Post
Thanks for the info!
There are a couple of Exclusive Buyer agencies in NJ (or there were a couple of years ago) but none that I know of in the Edison area.
There are, however, a good many agents who prefer one side of the business to the other side, and work on that side exclusively. You can certainly do that in any real estate office you choose. And if, as a bbuyers agent, you run into people who have a house they need to sell, you can simply refer that seller to another agent, either in your office or another.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Thank you both for your replies,very helpful. I'm going to go to a few different agencies and see if I feel like I can 'fit in' or not. How do you think the market is?

Old 02-25-2010, 06:46 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,104,550 times
Best of luck Joey. The market at least in my experience, has been picking up. With the tax credit around and interest rates at record lows, people are finally purchasing again. Now after the tax credit expires, that will be the true test of whether the market is rebounding or not.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:09 AM

I hear what you're saying DodgeViper01, but I don't see the market rebounding yet...even with the tax credit, buyers have to come up with 20% down, and try to get a mortgage. That's a lot of cash to have around in this economy. And the banks don't want to give credit to someone who doesn't have perfect credit...how many people does this leave to buy a home?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:19 AM

Just thought I'd check in with you guys. Its a whole year later, and I'm wondering if the Real Estate pros on here think the market is picking up? I saw a few open houses in Edison as I drove around last Sunday, are people actually buying? Are folks getting mortgages or are the banks giving them a hard time?
I have to say, I am thinking of buying, but, I feel like the market still hasn't reached the bottom and I don't want to buy and then have negative equity in my house. I'm happy to be renting for now, but I'm getting itchy to get back into the game.
Also, how are you doing with the all the foreclosures ? Are they difficult to buy,or sell?
Lastly, I have to put my license somewhere by May of this year, either active or on referral, because it's in Trenton and it will expire if I don't. Any of you really like your agencies,
and honestly need help?

Thanks all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey