Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:55 PM

101 posts, read 460,447 times

Advertisements

It's getting cold and my nj playgrounds site is evolving to include some favorite indoor spots. Do you have any recommendations, you guys were very helpful for my outdoor playground listing. I've been doing this without advertising since playgrounds are free, but now I'm thinking of expanding this to include non-free sites as well and may get into advertisements.. So far I came up with this listing which isn't much, so I could use your help. I copied pasted it.. but it works better if you click on the link below..

Free Places/Ideas

Let’s face it, we’d love to take our kids to great playspaces everyday, but that can get expensive, especially in NJ. I’ve found that there are great places to go (or join) without having to spend any money.
  • LIbraries- Check them out, some have great areas for kids to do puzzles and computer games geared toward ages 3-6. Ours in Springfield has a great storytime. They also have resources to publications geared for local family activities (Kids guide, ____county family guide, flyers, etc.). I’ve heard very positive reviews for the library in Chatham as well.
  • Malls- I recently visited a very family-friendly mall, Woodbridge Center a (Woodbridge, Middlesex County) and will be posting details soon. Other malls that have indoor play areas include: Garden State Plaza (by the Old Navy) (Paramus in Bergen County) Livingston Mall (by Sears) (Livingston in Essex County)
  • Barnes & Nobles- Very kid-friendly. Barnes and Noble (Paramus, NJ) (thanks ira from city-data) and in Clark, NJ both have train tables for kids to play with. Definitely recommended! Menlo Park, Edison, NJ also has a train table (thanks Bob K. from city-data). Rumor has it that Riverside Square Mall does not have it anymore.
  • Restaurants/Cafes- Well, not necessarily free, but some are kid-friendly, I’ll need your help to find some of these. A very popular one I had visited had closed recently in South Orange. Yeah I know, completely useless bullet point. Help a momma out, share your favorite cafe to hang out with the kids, I’m beginning to think they don’t exist in NJ.
  • McDonalds Playlands- McDonalds has made strides to have more nutritious choices for kids, and they also have some fun equipment. Check out their site for which ones have playlands.
  • Gym- ok really not free, but once you join, many of these places have babysitting and the kids can enjoy a change of pace. For example, I go to Connection in Summit (sorta like a YMCA). I volunteer and am a member at the gym, the babysitting there is friendly and will even hang out there for a little bit, using their playground outside their area.
Kid Playspaces (not free)- Either recommended or personally visited…

• Imagine That (Florham Park, Essex County)
  • FunPlex, Wiggles and Giggles (East Hanover, Essex County)
  • FunPlex (Mt. Laurel, Burlington County)
  • Kid Junction (Branchburg, NJ)
  • Time In (Randolph, NJ)
  • Children’s Museum of NJ (Paramus, NJ) - thanks Bev for the recommendation
  • Kidz Village (Kenilworth, NJ)
  • Jill’s Place (Randolph, NJ)
  • Unbelieva-bills (Waldwick, NJ)

for active links, click on:

NJ Outdoor and Indoor Playgrounds Photo Gallery and Blog » NJ Indoor Playgrounds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 PM

517 posts, read 1,806,102 times
Funtime America- Cliffwood Beach
Party and Play- Matawan

both not free- arcade type

to add two more.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:22 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
Uptown Playaround in Kendall Park, NJ

Bounce U in Marlboro, NJ

They both charge $4-$6 for free play. Bounce U is a chain, so there may be other locations in NJ.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:25 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
Monster Golf... one in Fairfield may be more.
Funtime Junction also in Fairfield...both are PAY TO PLAY but fairly reasonable.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys!!! I'll be updating the site next week...

Old 11-11-2008, 01:26 PM

328 posts, read 1,049,191 times
Boro Kids Zone in Hillsborough: Boro Kid Zone - Home

Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM

11 posts, read 77,100 times
Hi, we moved to plainsboro, nj recently and have a 20 month old kid. He wants to go out and play all the time, but its very cold. So was wondering if you can help me with any indoor kids play areas(free or small fee) in/near plainsboro. We live in plainsboro road, nj.

thanks
NK

Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,805 times
Also for toddlers Gymboree. They have a million places in north/central jersey and NY
Gymboree Play & Music is the global leader in age-appropriate classes for children 0-5 years. Play & Learn Classes, Music Classes, Art Classes, Sports Classes, Family Classes, School Skills

Old 09-12-2009, 09:38 AM

updated my link, now featuring a map to the playspaces you and others have recommended. let me know if I missed any! I didn't put in gymboree, since I haven't found out the open play information for each location yet. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback city-data, it's been about a year since I started, and with our new addition this past March, I'm going to be doing playgrounds (indoor and outdoor) for a while.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 AM

239 posts, read 1,140,885 times
Burger King in Garwood has a nice play structure. North Ave. Also in Garwood, not far from BK (going towards Cranford) is a small bowling alley that has great modern lanes with bumpers that are programmed to come up for when kids are bowling--they also have food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey