Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM

8 posts, read 36,085 times

Advertisements

Dear friends,

Please give me much advice, thank you all in adcance.We have not been in there.
I'm in GA now. My husband just find a job in Manhattan. But he works at home and just sometimes goes to his company in Manhattan. Middle March this year he will begin his work. So we don’t have too much time to find a safe apartment.

We want to rent a condo or like a condo in New Jersey.

First, We want to rent a bedroom(with a bathroom) but not studio. How much money do we need to rent such a condo or like condo? ($800 – 900(this is our plan) a month is enough? )

-we are looking for some place safe. It is no problem if this place some far away from Manhattan. For example, it perhaps takes 1 hour or 90 minutes from the place to Manhattan.
-We would like to be not far away from public transportation.

Second, which place should we choose to rent a apartment according your view? Can you five me some detai information?

Third, do you know from where we can easily find apartments?
-I know “Craiglist,” .
- I also try to find apartments in http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/New-Jersey. But I think the aprtments in this web is very expensive.

Fourth, this place” 144 High Street Gardens [SIZE=3]144 High Street Orange ” is safe?[/SIZE]

Thank you, friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 06:43 PM

22 posts, read 64,904 times
I wouldn't classify Orange as safe, though it might depend upon your definition of safe.

You will have a lot of options if you are looking within a 90 minute commute of Manhattan. $800- $900 is a little lean for a 1 bedroom in a nice area.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Try Lodi, Clifton or Nutley.

realtor.com is a good site for what you need.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM

THank you both!

I mean "safe" because I find some bad information about newark and jersey city.

we live in GA and here everything is cheap and I feel good.

God Bless you and bless all people!

Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika_99 View Post
THank you both!

I mean "safe" because I find some bad information about newark and jersey city.

we live in GA and here everything is cheap and I feel good.

God Bless you and bless all people!

Stay away from Newark and Jersey City with your budget.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:17 AM

555 posts, read 1,654,050 times
With your budget and the desire for safety... I'd look in Bergen and Passaic counties... if you're willing to commute 60 - 90 minutes that even brings some of Morris county into play... you can find single bedroom apartments for under $1,000 easily out in places like Parsippany/Morristown (Morris County out on Route 80), in places like Wayne, Totowa, and Clifton (Passaic County, out on Route 3, to Route 46, up Route 23), or in places like Hackensack, Teaneck, and Riveredge (Bergen County, out Route 4 up Route 17).

None of these are necessarily easy commutes but plenty of people do it and they'd all be under 90 minutes and closer to 60. All are safe areas and most of them are extremely safe where you wouldn't mind your grandma wandering around by herself at 1am.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:27 PM

Thank you Friends,

How much noney does it normally cost us for a bedroom+a bathroom+livingroom in such cities like nusley, Wayne and so on?

I still think that It is not easy for us to find a apartments(a bedroom+a bathroom+livingroom ) under $1000. If some one knows apartments, can you give us the names of apartments?

Thank You!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 AM

555 posts, read 1,654,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika_99 View Post
Thank you Friends,

How much noney does it normally cost us for a bedroom+a bathroom+livingroom in such cities like nusley, Wayne and so on?

I still think that It is not easy for us to find a apartments(a bedroom+a bathroom+livingroom ) under $1000. If some one knows apartments, can you give us the names of apartments?

Thank You!
Try rent.com... apartments.com... or craigslist..

There's 2 apartment complexes in Parsippany advertising 1 bedrooms under $1,000, Baldwin Manor ($985) and Camelot Gardens ($950)... there's also Madison Arms in Hackensack right at $1,000.

You can't expect people to do all the work for you... we've recommended good areas for you to start your search but the search itself is up to you.

As for your final question... it appears $1,000 is going to be a bit light. I know I was renting for $850 - $925 in West Paterson but that was over 5 years ago (Westmount). It appears rents have gone up which isn't terribly surprising with people losing their homes and moving back to apartments. You may have better luck in the $1,200 range.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 AM

607 posts, read 958,232 times
There are a number of apartments in the Wayne/Lincoln Park area that may be suitable for you as well

Old 02-19-2010, 07:31 PM

THank you very much!

We come to america and just live in GA. In GA we drive our car to find apartments. We never go to internet to find apartments.
But now, before I go there, I must find a apartments. So I always ask some detailed information.
I am very happy that I suddenly find the forum and get much help from you!!!

THank you, dear friends! !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey