Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:35 AM

1,446 posts, read 4,601,925 times

Advertisements

First of all, genetics plays a very big role in determining ones weight. There is abundant medical literature available describing how this is almost certainly the case. Secondly, emotional/psycological issues may be at play. People with certain eating disorder crave food like an alcoholic craves alcohol! Yes, the desire to eat can be that powerful and is only overcome by months of therapy! (Look at the National Institute of Health website) Third, there can be metapolical or other physical issues at play. We never know.

Oh yeah, do you want another statistics that the top bariatric doctor in the Northeast told me?! Out of 100 people that are morbidly obese and try to loose weight, only 5 will succeed and only 1 will keep it off. Yes, it is that hard to lose weight!!! As an obese individual myself, I once LOST 120 POUNDS IN A YEAR just to gain it all back and then some. I would go to the gym for 2 hours a day and NOBODY COULD SAY I LACKED WILL POWER!!! However, I developed an eating disorder that took me months to overcome, AFTER I put on 130 pounds IN A YEAR!!! Nobody gains that much weight without a medical problem. Obese people have to live their entire lives being JUDGED BY and are often being seen in a negative light. Often, it is something that IS NOT OF THEIR CHOOSING!!! Did I ask to have an eating disorder? Heck no!!! It just happened. Stuff like that happens like some people develop cancer. Hence, I do not feel that anyone should judge someone else on the health condition that someone else was born into.

You don't know what is going on with Mr. Christie's weight. PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE HIM ON THAT. Listen, I did not vote for the man because I disagree with his politics. Find an intelligent reason to dislike him, like I did!!!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,783,001 times
The guy is not even that fat... Look at some 50 year old guys. A lot of them are overweight. who cares.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,869,869 times
Weight has nothing to do with his ethics-give him a chance-corruption has been the NJ rule for too long. Lighten up people.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:38 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,983,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
The guy is not even that fat... Look at some 50 year old guys. A lot of them are overweight. who cares.

Its a visible sign of lack of control and the inability to take responsibilty to correct the situation.....it sends the message that being "fat" is ok when its clearly not......at some point in our lives we all need to take responsibility for ourselves whether its our health, our finances or other responsibilities.....too many today seem to lack this responsibility as we witness the growing amount of out of shape Americans and those that walk away from their aquired debts through irresponsible spending by claiming bankrupcy........our society is deteriorating financially and healthwise and taking a general "who cares" attitude is not the answer we need. Bottom line is the governor and those who find being "fat" acceptable need to spend less time at the dinner table and more time exercising and we'll all be better off for it.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Its a visible sign of lack of control and the inability to take responsibilty to correct the situation.....it sends the message that being "fat" is ok when its clearly not......at some point in our lives we all need to take responsibility for ourselves whether its our health, our finances or other responsibilities.....too many today seem to lack this responsibility as we witness the growing amount of out of shape Americans and those that walk away from their aquired debts through irresponsible spending by claiming bankrupcy........our society is deteriorating financially and healthwise and taking a general "who cares" attitude is not the answer we need. Bottom line is the governor and those who find being "fat" acceptable need to spend less time at the dinner table and more time exercising and we'll all be better off for it.
wow. lighten up man. He is fat, not mentally retarded or something... Has no effect on your smarts, ethics, competency, etc

Old 02-04-2010, 09:01 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,418,358 times
Quote:

I really could care less but did he just say he isnt fat? Wow, what the hell is fat then? Fat people have no self control but that does not mean they cant be good at what they do. If you like food and you cant stop eating thats too bad, but I have seen a bunch of bright fatsos in my day.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:11 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,931,673 times
Really? That's what it comes down to? His weight? Wow, what a weak plea. I guess his weight is George Bush's fault somehow too!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I really could care less but did he just say he isnt fat? Wow, what the hell is fat then? Fat people have no self control but that does not mean they cant be good at what they do. If you like food and you cant stop eating thats too bad, but I have seen a bunch of bright fatsos in my day.
I said he is not fat to the point where every time he gets brought up it should be mentioned...

and no, he is not that fat... With the frequency it is brought up, you would think he is morbidly obese or something... About 1/3 of guys his age are just as fat...

Old 02-04-2010, 09:19 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,418,358 times
Quote:
I said he is not fat to the point where every time he gets brought up it should be mentioned...

and no, he is not that fat... With the frequency it is brought up, you would think he is morbidly obese or something... About 1/3 of guys his age are just as fat...

Let me clarify myself for you. I dont care if he is fat. The fact remains he is fat and has no self control with FOOD. The fact that 1/3 guys his age are fat just means 1/3 guys his age have no self control. Lets not assume because we are a fat society its ok to look like a whale. Its not healty and it is a character flaw. No biggy!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,926,200 times
The fact remains he is fat and has no self control with FOOD

That's not true at all- obviously he does have SOME self control because if he had none he would be a heck of a lot fatter-just like I'm sure you guys have SOME manners-it's just not evident by these rude remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey