Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,537 times

Advertisements

Have any one heard of Atomic Wings? I came across Atomic Wings yesterday as I was driving by. I found out they were there for over a year already but I didn't even know. Anyway, I think they are popular in Manhattan and this is the first branch outside of Manhattan. Anyone have any experience they would like to share? The food quality, service or just an opinion. =D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 PM

988 posts, read 3,256,170 times
They were just like the city's, good wings and nice staff. Overall good experience.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 AM

429 posts, read 932,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtyEmily View Post
Have any one heard of Atomic Wings? I came across Atomic Wings yesterday as I was driving by. I found out they were there for over a year already but I didn't even know. Anyway, I think they are popular in Manhattan and this is the first branch outside of Manhattan. Anyone have any experience they would like to share? The food quality, service or just an opinion. =D
I haven't tried it yet, but I too just finally noticed it a couple weeks ago, despite the fact that I walk and drive by it all the time. My wife is worried that everything will be too spicy, but she worries a lot. A lot of the time I just put my headphones on instead.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:35 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,575,547 times
Do any of you live right in that area where that restaurant is? I have been trying to get information on the so called "village section" of downtown. To the OP, sorry to leech off your post. I haven't been there yet, but now that you brought it to my attention I will be sure to try it soon. I'll let you know how it is.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Do any of you live right in that area where that restaurant is? I have been trying to get information on the so called "village section" of downtown. To the OP, sorry to leech off your post. I haven't been there yet, but now that you brought it to my attention I will be sure to try it soon. I'll let you know how it is.
I'm maybe a five minute walk from it. I don't know what the "village section" would refer to. That doesn't mean that there's no area known as that, but I sure never noticed it. Keep in mind that I didn't notice Atomic Wings until a couple weeks ago, too. lol

Any idea what part of the city the "village section" is supposed to be? Wherever it is, it would be someplace I walk regularly, at least, as I walk all over.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 2,537 times
I've heard great things about Atomic Wings but I just didn't know they have on in Jersey City. I searched online and apparently, this is the first one in Jersey. My boyfriend and I will try it out over the weekend. If anyone have any thoughts or comments about Atomic Wings, please share it with everyone. I think this is a great tool for the residence of Jersey City and is overall great for the City of Jersey. Ciao

Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 AM

Ah--I just found online what section it is: JC Village

It never really seemed distinct to me from most of the other blocks in that area, except for the park, which is nice for a very utilitarian, small park (and which apparently is called "Mary Benson Park"--I didn't know that until just now, despite the fact that I've walked through it at least 100 times). It's a bit quieter than some other parts of the general downtown area--most folks would be coming from it rather than heading to it, and seems a bit more working class. I get the impression that there are more families in that part of town who have been there for a long time, whereas closer to the PATH stations, it's changed so that the majority of the population now seems to be younger and kinda yuppie-ish.

=========just a bit later:

Ahh--just realized from the map that I got Mary Benson Park and Jones Park mixed up. Mary Benson Park isn't really a park then. It's a combination of fenced in, weedy fields and I think a track for a school. Jones Park is the nice utilitarian one. I noticed that after noticing that for some odd reason, the track and field at the high school on Montgomery, Brunswick, Columbus and Center St. is called "Meluso Park"--when did they start naming high school athletic fields parks? Is that a common Jersey thing?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,575,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLuckoftheDraw View Post
Ah--I just found online what section it is: JC Village

It never really seemed distinct to me from most of the other blocks in that area, except for the park, which is nice for a very utilitarian, small park (and which apparently is called "Mary Benson Park"--I didn't know that until just now, despite the fact that I've walked through it at least 100 times). It's a bit quieter than some other parts of the general downtown area--most folks would be coming from it rather than heading to it, and seems a bit more working class. I get the impression that there are more families in that part of town who have been there for a long time, whereas closer to the PATH stations, it's changed so that the majority of the population now seems to be younger and kinda yuppie-ish.

=========just a bit later:

Ahh--just realized from the map that I got Mary Benson Park and Jones Park mixed up. Mary Benson Park isn't really a park then. It's a combination of fenced in, weedy fields and I think a track for a school. Jones Park is the nice utilitarian one. I noticed that after noticing that for some odd reason, the track and field at the high school on Montgomery, Brunswick, Columbus and Center St. is called "Meluso Park"--when did they start naming high school athletic fields parks? Is that a common Jersey thing?

I just found out it had a name recently, I was planning on creating a thread on here asking about those blocks so I looked on wikipedia and all the downtown sections were listed and that was the only one I had never heard of before, it figures it just happen to be that area. I see atomic wings is located in that area so I thought maybe the op or someone who responded to this thread would live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey