Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,174 times

Advertisements

NorthJersey.com: N.J. gov's office payroll goes up under Christie

"The AP analysis found that while Christie, a Republican, is proposing laying off 1,300 state workers, he is spending nearly $2 million more on annual salaries than his predecessor, former Gov. Jon S. Corzine, a Democrat."

I guess Christie really IS making the tough decisions...I don't think I could make the tough decision to spend like a drunken sailor on my Governor's Office payroll after pontificating to the state about waste and cutting school funds and whatnot - that is a touch decision to make, to decide to be that much of a lying hypocrite so openly.

One thing I don't understand - I thought that "we ALL" had to deal with cuts and sacrifices??? Or does "we ALL" mean everyone who's not a Republican fat-cat that leverages government to his financial advantage?? Like the rest of "we ALL"???

BTW, it's great how the people are voting in budgets left and right, sending him a clear message, saying, "We voted you in to cut out property taxes, but understand this, we expect to be able to spend more in our towns while it's up to you to find a way to get us that money back, and then some, now hop to it, tubby!" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
NorthJersey.com: N.J. gov's office payroll goes up under Christie

"The AP analysis found that while Christie, a Republican, is proposing laying off 1,300 state workers, he is spending nearly $2 million more on annual salaries than his predecessor, former Gov. Jon S. Corzine, a Democrat."

I guess Christie really IS making the tough decisions...I don't think I could make the tough decision to spend like a drunken sailor on my Governor's Office payroll after pontificating to the state about waste and cutting school funds and whatnot - that is a touch decision to make, to decide to be that much of a lying hypocrite so openly.

One thing I don't understand - I thought that "we ALL" had to deal with cuts and sacrifices??? Or does "we ALL" mean everyone who's not a Republican fat-cat that leverages government to his financial advantage?? Like the rest of "we ALL"???

BTW, it's great how the people are voting in budgets left and right, sending him a clear message, saying, "We voted you in to cut out property taxes, but understand this, we expect to be able to spend more in our towns while it's up to you to find a way to get us that money back, and then some, now hop to it, tubby!" lol
10% of that rise is Christie's own salary. Corzine only took a dollar while in office. Christie gets the standard salary of 175k.

are we seriously going to **** and moan about 2 million dollars for highly compensated staffers when the state has an 11 BILLION dollar hole to fill?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
10% of that rise is Christie's own salary. Corzine only took a dollar while in office. Christie gets the standard salary of 175k.

are we seriously going to **** and moan about 2 million dollars for highly compensated staffers when the state has an 11 BILLION dollar hole to fill?
And, already, here come the rationalizations and excuses....

It's "necessary painful cuts" when it's others, but when it's golden boy Christie he can do no wrong. I guess it's not "painful cuts" for EVERYone...

Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,324,296 times
This Fat Pig will be NJ's biggest mistake. Mark my words...
Hopefully this tyrant wont be able to finish his plan for NJ. The State will be ruined if he stays for his full 4 year term.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:39 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
The State will be ruined if he stays for his full 4 year term.

not sure if serious

Old 04-21-2010, 12:57 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
This Fat Pig will be NJ's biggest mistake. Mark my words...
Hopefully this tyrant wont be able to finish his plan for NJ. The State will be ruined if he stays for his full 4 year term.
Since we're 11 billion or so in the hole, maybe we can get some fiduciary pointers from you.

How are NY state's finances?

Old 04-21-2010, 01:00 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
And, already, here come the rationalizations and excuses....

It's "necessary painful cuts" when it's others, but when it's golden boy Christie he can do no wrong. I guess it's not "painful cuts" for EVERYone...
You've made your position on Christie and your fellow citizens who feel they're over-taxed quite clear.

Do you think NJ is financially healthy?

If not, how do you propose we deal with our financial condition?

Old 04-21-2010, 01:37 AM

341 posts, read 679,132 times
Every time I see a picture of Christie in the paper he either has his tongue hanging out of his mouth, some pained grimace on his face, or a peanut butter stain on his crooked tie. This guy is a hypocritical slob in every sense. He has surrounded himself with people just like himself: white, privileged, praetorian, elitist snobs, who hardly, if ever, had to deal with any adversity. There is something rather off-putting about a guy who is 200 pounds overweight trying to lecture people about sacrifice and doing without. I am serious, I am not trying to be sarcastic. If everyone in the state was in the physical condition that Christie is in health insurance companies would go bankrupt paying for medical procedures and prescriptions for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He is a fraud and a fake. He probably suffers from a food addiction also. We have a very sick man as governer.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:42 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
What ever your feelings on Christie are there is no need to use comments like "fat pig" "fat slob" 'tubby" lends no credence to your posts imo

Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,859,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
What ever your feelings on Christie are there is no need to use comments like "fat pig" "fat slob" 'tubby" lends no credence to your posts imo
He made comments like "The Teachers use there students like Drug Mules" So calling him by what he is , is fair. The Man needs a diet , i should be paying for his food trips......to the Fancy version of Mc Donald's....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey