Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2006, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 10,290 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am a single professional in mid 20's, and looking for a clean and new apartment rental near Edison. $1000-1500 range, preferrably with a gym on premise. Any recommendations? Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 PM

1,248 posts, read 4,059,629 times
Default Will cost at least $2,000 a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwchoi00
Hello,
I am a single professional in mid 20's, and looking for a clean and new apartment rental near Edison. $1000-1500 range, preferrably with a gym on premise. Any recommendations? Thank you!!!
You are kidding. You would need to spend between $2,000 - $2,500 a month + probably a brokers fee of 15% of annual rent for a decent apartment with what you want in the above.

It is cheaper in that area. In Hudson county, most of the new buildings near the Hudson river rent for at least $3,000 a month.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:14 PM

100 posts, read 429,697 times
Highlands at Plaza Square in New Brunswick. ( (broken link)) Gorgeous, less than 4 years old, fitness center, cyber cafe, pool, sauna, billiards room, party room, etc. Apartments come with washer/dryer in unit, alarm system, surround sound speakers built-in, Direct-TV, high-speed internet connections, and more. The one bedroom floor plans range between $1400-$1880 for all that and more.

My sis-in-laws live there. It's like Melrose Place.

River Watch is another option. Same area. (broken link)

Also try searching on links removed. You can specify what amenities you are looking for.

Last edited by Yac; 08-08-2006 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,402,385 times
There are plenty of apartments in the $1000-1500 price range in Edison. Finding a complex with a gym, is a bit tougher but there are a handful of complexes that offer that amenity. Generally however, apartment complex gyms tend to be fairly lacking in equipment with the exception of luxury apartments. I've generally found that the cost of gym membership is worth it due to better equipment, longer hours, and less crowds. I can't offer any specific apartment complexes by name unfortunately, but apartments in this price range are plentiful in Edison. I visited a friend of a friend at an apartment near Middlesex County Community College whose name I can't recall, that was nice and his one bedroom place cost $1050/month.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 10,290 times
Default Gym recommendations in Edison/Highland Park/New Brunswick?

Thank you for the inforation! (Highland and Riverwatch are beautiful.. they just have very limited availability and a little pricey when including parking...etc. But will definitely look into that!)

Yeah I do agree with you, it may be worth getting a gym membership instead of limiting my choices to apartment complexes with gyms onsite.

Speaking of which... any gym facilities that you would recommend in Edison/Highland Park area? Thank you again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey