Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM

96 posts, read 350,570 times

Advertisements

I think it is more important to note that his deal is an absolute rip off.

The 30% discount is based on the "Dealer Posted Price" which is an arbitrary figure made up by Brad Benson. The Brad Benson price is substantially higher than the MSRP or "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price".

The inflated number is arrived at by the inclusion of pin stripes, rustproofing and fabric protector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM

912 posts, read 2,446,606 times
So the final price is actually HIGHER than MSRP? I've never heard of ANYONE buying a car for more than MSRP, except perhaps if it's a custom order or something like that. My car was bought for something like $7K below MSRP.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:31 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
I think his commericals are completely un-funny. To me they sound stupid and crass and annoying. They are not intelligent commercials at all, just lowbrow humor delivered badly. Awful actually, just plain awful. In fact, almost painful to listen to, and at this point, I reflexively change stations as soon as they come on. He sounds like a vulgar dumb blowhard.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:36 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I think his commericals are completely un-funny. To me they sound stupid and crass and annoying. They are not intelligent commercials at all, just lowbrow humor delivered badly. Awful actually, just plain awful. In fact, almost painful to listen to, and at this point, I reflexively change stations as soon as they come on. He sounds like a vulgar dumb blowhard.
I haven't heard this particular commercial, but I agree with you about the ones I have heard. I love un-PC humor as much as the next guy, but these are not even funny, IMHO.

I'll have to find this specific one online somewhere.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:57 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
I think his commercials are mildly entertaining and I usually chuckle the first time I hear them, but they get old and annoying real quick.

As for buying a car from him, just make sure you bring the vaseline as I don't think they provide lube before sending you to the finance guy. They are really the epitome of high pressure, shady car dealers. They've also suffered through numerous lawsuits regarding false advertising and bait and switch. I wouldn't buy a car from him if they were selling them for $1, which knowing Brad Benson, they might be next month.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,108 times
No, IMO, not funny at all. I hear them on 101.5, but lately, 101.5 seems to only HAVE commercials. It seems to me that their proportion of programming to ads has gone way over the top lately, in favor of more ads. I've been shutting them off more often than not these days, and their actual programming is getting too monotonous and one-sided when it IS active (maybe that's another reason for more commercials .... less creativity).

Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 PM

129 posts, read 380,679 times
Like the other poster, funny at first and then QUICKLY annoying. I like the Jersey Guys in the afternoon, though.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
I advise anyone who is looking to buy a car from them to google "brad benson hyundai". They have 47 reviews and the verdict is under 2 stars. The reviews are pretty scathing for the most part

Old 06-01-2010, 02:53 PM

228 posts, read 1,205,066 times
Speaking from personal experience I bought a car from them because my credit union was affiliated with them. The experience was terrible. I was 18 at the time but after working and saving I had half the money for the car in cash. The rest would be financed through my credit union. I sat with the salesman, and talked numbers and options. They pushed HARD for me to take the car that day but I wasn't prepared to. I said I'd be back in 2 weeks to the day at 10am and they agreed. They said the car would be there ready to go. Two weeks later I walked in the door with cash in hand and found the salesman. His jaw dropped when he saw me with my down payment and scrambled to get the car.

No joke I waited 4 hours for them to get the car delivered from somewhere in PA. After all that hassle he asked me to give him all "10s" when Hyundai did their customer satisfaction follow up call. I laughed at him and drove off. When Hyundai called I gave them my honest opinion. The finance manager called me and was on the verge of yelling at him.

A very messed up dealership.

On the flip-side I bought a second Hyundai years later from Sport Hyundai in So Jersey and the experience was very easy and smooth. Sport had to replace my car after there was some damage to the car that was undisclosed to them before they delivered the car to me.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,893,320 times
These commercials are in the same league as the Kars for Kids spots -- pathetic and annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey